Sad times leaving the Alfa experience. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 31-07-11 Thread Starter
Status: -
Newbie
 
alfasport156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 7
Sad times leaving the Alfa experience.

Hello everyone
Over the past 3 year my wife and I have had the experience of owning the 156 1.9mjet sport. I can't believe how much I have enjoyed being an Alfa owner. Due to our growing family we have had to bite the bullet and buy an MPV. I thought I would feel happy once we bought the MPV but I just fill sad I have to let the Alfa go.
Have enjoyed using this web site for help when it's been needed and will still lookin to keep update with what's happening.
alfasport156 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: GTV is here!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 212

Member car:

GTV v6

I bet you can get more in a 166 than an MPV :-)
goose is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 31-07-11 Thread Starter
Status: -
Newbie
 
alfasport156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 7
Alright goose,
I wish it was bigger but the dog would not like it shut in the boot. We did look at getting a 159 estate but the mother in law sometimes comes out with us and two car seats and the mother in law in the back didn't make it a comfortable journey.
alfasport156 is offline  
Status: Life is good atm. I do not take that for granted.
Global Mod Team
 
PaulR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Suffolk
Posts: 22,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasport156 View Post
Hello everyone
Over the past 3 year my wife and I have had the experience of owning the 156 1.9mjet sport. I can't believe how much I have enjoyed being an Alfa owner. Due to our growing family we have had to bite the bullet and buy an MPV. I thought I would feel happy once we bought the MPV but I just fill sad I have to let the Alfa go.
Have enjoyed using this web site for help when it's been needed and will still lookin to keep update with what's happening.
Just treat it as break in owning Alfas - needs must.

You will, of course, always be welcome here - you've been around for a couple of years - almost a forum elder!
PaulR is offline  
Status: Pain in the veins, but passion in the blood
AO Silver Member
 
giordano92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia
County: New South Wales
Posts: 4,407
Garage
Hope we see you in an Alfa soon

Salute, Giordano.
giordano92 is offline  
Status: Enjoying a V8 opera
Awaiting Email Conf
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 674

Member car:

Quattroporte

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
I bet you can get more in a 166 than an MPV :-)
You certainly will. I was a 166 owner when our daughter needed a pram and all the baby clobber. durning the same period we happened to borrow a friend's Scenic for one week and apart from the nice driving position I was surprised at how useless it was as a family car - the boot was less than half the size of my 166's. One pram filled it.

I also saw a family arriving back to their Nissan Qashqai (spelling?) at the car park last week. When they opened the tailgate in front of me I was amazed to see that one six-pack of Evian and two shopping bags had filled it. No wonder they had an enormous roof box on it.

Why do people buy these cars?
michaelb is offline  
Status: Molto felice
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 54,872
They are people carriers not people and luggage carriers. I had
exactly the same problem with my Zafira a few years ago. If you
travel on your own you can transport a small town but if you
take your family it had better only be for the day



Gibbo is offline  
Status: I need a Maser in my life.
AO Silver Member
 
GeoffCapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasport156 View Post
Alright goose,
I wish it was bigger but the dog would not like it shut in the boot. We did look at getting a 159 estate but the mother in law sometimes comes out with us and two car seats and the mother in law in the back didn't make it a comfortable journey.
Put the mother in law in the boot, and the dog on the back seat.
You get to keep the Alfa.

Simples
GeoffCapes is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa , experience , leaving , sad , times

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome