Moving on - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 20-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 Sportwagon

Moving on

After three mostly fun years I am letting the lease company have my 159 back. At the risk of generating one long string of abuse I will be driving a Skoda Octavia vRS for the next three years. As a company car driver, albeit my own company and having selected the car from the heart not the head, I am not convinced that I was ever welcome among true alfisti. I was, however, an enthusiatic waver and until a small oil leak in the turbo return proved hard to trace spoiling the last 6 months I had a great big smile on my ugly face every time I got in and fired her up.

Keep waving, keep deriding the rest of us who don't share your passion and if you are ever suffering juddering every time you run your 159 for over half an hour at 90mph, get the garage to check the turbo return for oil leaks!

Thanks all, it has been fun.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbine Willy View Post
After three mostly fun years I am letting the lease company have my 159 back. At the risk of generating one long string of abuse I will be driving a Skoda Octavia vRS for the next three years. As a company car driver, albeit my own company and having selected the car from the heart not the head, I am not convinced that I was ever welcome among true alfisti. I was, however, an enthusiatic waver and until a small oil leak in the turbo return proved hard to trace spoiling the last 6 months I had a great big smile on my ugly face every time I got in and fired her up.

Keep waving, keep deriding the rest of us who don't share your passion and if you are ever suffering juddering every time you run your 159 for over half an hour at 90mph, get the garage to check the turbo return for oil leaks!

Thanks all, it has been fun.

Enjoy the new car. I terminated my 159 agreement early, and its true -- there IS a life on the "other side".

Good luck
AO Gold Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
tbh the vRS is a very nippy motor not my cup of tea inside but a nice car all the same you'll enjoy the power no worries!
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester
Hey, you had an Alfa for three years, and for most of the time it wasn't broken down - what's not to like?? :d :d

Good luck with the vRS. Maybe you can drop by and offer your opinion / experiences once you get settled in.

abuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuse abuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuse abuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuse abuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuseabuse abuseabuseabuseabuseabuse

(Long string of abuse.. )

But you was welcome Willy..

I think you'll be back after your dalliance with the Skooter.. It's a good choice.. but it will be all just a little bit too trouble-free and predictable.. and where's the fun in that?

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
moving

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page