New to Alfa's - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 14-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
New to Alfa's

Hi all.

Well im new to owning a Alfa but so glad i did it. I love the car so much. Its like its alive. It 100% has a soul.

I used to own a 98 Vectra. I joined a Vectra OC and found them to be really helpfull. I made afew friends there too. That was until i saved hard to get my Alfa Romeo 156. When i told them the good news that was it. I got called everything you could think of. They even started the Alfa's are **** etc etc. I did reply saying have you ever driven a alfa? none replyed apart from more Alfa's are bad etc.

Im kinda glad my Vectra's gone. I did like the car as its dirt cheap to repair unlike my Alfa. But the Alfa has so much more than the Vec. The drive and handling. Even the engine sounds great and its only a 2.0ts. My car will be getting a full cam-belt change and all the wishbones done.

So im here to stay. If i need a new car in years to come it will be an Alfa. Just wanted to get all that of my chest and to say hello to everyone. Hope to chat to some off you at some point. so until then you all take care and happy Alfa driving to you all

I love my Alfa Romeo 156 2.0L TS Lusso
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Welcome, hope you find the forum a decent place to post and read.

Hope the car is a good one, sounds like you have done some homework and are getting the important bits done!

Pictures are a must though.....

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Welcome Alfie...enjoy the rollercoaster ride !!!!
BeggarsBanquet

Welcome

Hello!

It's a bit funny .. that Vaux' owners become so stressed that you jumped ship. Do they think they're going to run out of club membership or something?

Ralf S.
AO Member

County: Leicestershire
Welcome! I've only had my Alfa a few months now but have the same feelings as you. I bought the car for 857 pounds and have spent nearly the same again on suspension parts (not yet fitted), service items, fog lights, replacement drivers seat, welding and rustproofing. I suppose if it were another car I may be feeling a bit put out at this point but I seem to forgive this car it's faults. Each time I drive 'her' she makes you feel special and it feels alive and full of energy. I hope this good relationship will last!
AO Silver Member

County: New South Wales
Garage
Welcome to the both of you

Be prepared for some motoring love, near divorce and some charismatic niggles. But in the end who cares, you've both made the correct choice.

Salute, Giordano.
AO Gold Member

County: Hertfordshire
Welcome to AO, Alfie_uk.

You'll like it around here.
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Welcome to Alfa, what a shame people have to be so nasty, still never mind, now you've come to the nice Alfisti site. enjoy your 156 and look after her.
AO Member

County: -
Hello and welcome. You will always find help on here and other than some occasional gentle ribbing, will never be judged for your choice of car. Many of us run other makes too (I'm a member of the Jeep OC!) but have probably all heard the "Alfas are ****!" line at some point. Other peoples' biggotry keeps prices down for us though.....
(Post Link) post #11 of 14 Old 19-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
Thank you for all your kind reply's. Im really happy with my Alfa. Infact i like it so much i cant see myself driving anything else. My Wife has passed her test 2 weeks ago, Bless her. I brought her alittle Punto just to get her started. (Had to have another Italian car) She's driving around now real nicly. Problem is is she's been in my 156 and now whats to trade her Punto towards a Alfa lol. She really likes the 147 so if she's good i might get her one.

Thanks again guys and girls for making me feel welcome. Im changing all the wishbone's soon so will let you know how i get on. Never done anything like it before but we all have to start somewhere
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands
Hi welcome

there are some good guides on how to do the wishbones, it can be a PITA to do mind, aligning all bolt holes up to get the bolts in seems to be the hardest part from memory.

HTH and good luck

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie_uk View Post
Thank you for all your kind reply's. Im really happy with my Alfa. Infact i like it so much i cant see myself driving anything else. My Wife has passed her test 2 weeks ago, Bless her. I brought her alittle Punto just to get her started. (Had to have another Italian car) She's driving around now real nicly. Problem is is she's been in my 156 and now whats to trade her Punto towards a Alfa lol. She really likes the 147 so if she's good i might get her one.

Thanks again guys and girls for making me feel welcome. Im changing all the wishbone's soon so will let you know how i get on. Never done anything like it before but we all have to start somewhere
There's no doubt about it.....Alfa's are very addictive.....with care & attention they are as reliable as any other marque........but better fun to drive.

Go on....be a double Alfa family !!!
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf S. View Post
Hello!

It's a bit funny .. that Vaux' owners become so stressed that you jumped ship. Do they think they're going to run out of club membership or something?
A bunch of saddo's, everyone is allowed their choice...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page