Apology to Jamie in Royston - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 21-06-08 Thread Starter

Apology to Jamie in Royston

Hi, Since my last post i have been out of the country on holiday which is why i have not responded to the previous thread regarding the garage in royston.

I can assure you i do not work in the motor industry and am not intentionally trying to harm them and the reputation of the garage, i was simply asking if anyone else had experienced any problems with them which is generally what a forum is often used for. This certainly is not a smear campagn or anything like that, it was simply my first post on this forum.

I in fact went to see them because it is clear they have a very good reputation.

I was pleased with many aspects of the service but there was still smoke coming out of the back of my car on the drive home which was very worrying. I was annoyed and the subsequent issues were an oil leak and handbrake problem, both of which had not been identified. I had explained before the service that there was smoke coming from the back of the car so i had specifically asked them to look into this issue.

This is why i felt the need to ask the question on this forum.

Please accept my apologies and I will be in touch with the garage on Monday to speak to them to resolve this.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Admin Team

County: Hertfordshire
Re: Apology to Jamie in Royston

Well done Chris as I am sure you can tell he does have a good reputation on here. It sounds to me like there has been a genuine error and as Jamie himself said everyone makes mistakes! To be honest this is the first one I have heard of on here, but I am sure if you do get back in contact with him he will sort it for you. It is the only way he can ensure this type of thing doesn't happen again and it will help him to continue the good level of service we have all become used to

GTV TS - R.I.P 156 V6 - R.I.P GTV V6 - R.I.P 147 Selespeed - Who knows
147 GTA - Gone but never forgotten Brera nice while it lasted
AO Gold Member

Everyone makes mistakes, and I'm sure Jamie at Royston will sort it out for you.

However, it is surprising that the faults mentioned by you were not rectified and put right. Even the best independents can at times be sloppy, so I don't see any problems why 'sloppy occurences' by even the good independents should not be discussed on this forum. If anything it should help them to maintain their 'due diligence' in future.

Put it this way, if this had happened to me, 'extremely annoyed' would be putting it mildy.

Hope you get it all sorted Chris, and 'welcome to AO' by the way!
Ferryman_1957

Yes, thanks for posting the update. We get a lot of dubious posts on here (we've had dealers posing as customers to smear competitors) so the one post was a bit suspicious. Jamie seems keen to sort this - let us know how you get on. If you have valid concerns, no problem about sharing them here.

Cheers,

Nigel

(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 22-06-08 Thread Starter

I am sorry i caused so many problems and i can appreciate to post and then not reply for a week looks bad.

ps i have only had my 147 for about a month but i love it already and am so glad i decided to go for it!!
Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintck28 View Post
I am sorry i caused so many problems and i can appreciate to post and then not reply for a week looks bad.

ps i have only had my 147 for about a month but i love it already and am so glad i decided to go for it!!
Good man I wouldn't worry too much, you haven't caused that many problems! Your original thread is full of people posting good things about Alfa Workshop so I doubt they will be that worried
Good luck with getting it sorted!

What is it with the name Chris - Bloody troublemakers I say

Chris
VO2Max

...agreed...

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

Fair play
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6 TS Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider95 View Post
Even the best independents can at times be sloppy, so I don't see any problems why 'sloppy occurences' by even the good independents should not be discussed on this forum. If anything it should help them to maintain their 'due diligence' in future.
Certainly seems to have had that effect in this case.

The "Original Post" started as a bit of a slating for AW (albeit unintentionally), but ended up being a superb ad campaign.

From the stories I've read (On here mostly), I like to use them for my Alfa needs too, but I'm up in Yarmouth, which is a little too far.

Maybe, next time, I'll try and time it so it coinsides with a (usually anual) trip round Duxford museum.
Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pte1643 View Post
Certainly seems to have had that effect in this case.

The "Original Post" started as a bit of a slating for AW (albeit unintentionally), but ended up being a superb ad campaign.

From the stories I've read (On here mostly), I like to use them for my Alfa needs too, but I'm up in Yarmouth, which is a little too far.

Maybe, next time, I'll try and time it so it coinsides with a (usually anual) trip round Duxford museum.
Jamie has people travelling as far as Liverpool to use them
So Yarmouth doesn't seem that far to me Besides it means you get a nice run out in the Alfa
(Post Link) post #12 of 14 Old 23-06-08 Thread Starter

i travelled about an hour and a quater to go there rather than a garage just around the corner and i enjoyed puting my new 147 through its paces and i was not disappointed (although the smoke out the back was not an enjoyable experience)!!
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

The fact that Jamie lurks on this forum and when he spotted your original post responded to ask that you contact him directly, so he has an opportunity to sort your problem out, speaks volumes for AW's commitment to customer care.

Hopefully now you can get this sorted out and become another satisfied customer of the Alfa Workshop
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6 TS Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Vincent View Post
Jamie has people travelling as far as Liverpool to use them
So Yarmouth doesn't seem that far to me Besides it means you get a nice run out in the Alfa
Yep, I get where you're coming from AV, it's just finding "Things to do" in the area for the day.

Usually have a trip out to Duxford once a year, which is (relatively) just up the road.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
apology , jamie , royston

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page