I had to go up the A38 to Burton on Trent just 20 miles or so from Sutton, to get a bike I won on ebay, went in the Bravo (cheaper and the seats fold down easier). The following is a hour in the life on an Alfisti spotter
* going north a beautiful red Spider, boat tail I think with a couple in their 50s on board. Fabulous condition.
* near Wallington, a great 166 in volcano black and cream leather
* the seller of the bike was had also sold his red R reg Spider, again looked great in red. We chatted about the addictive nature of these cars, decent guy
* now going south I saw a 164 towing an Alfasud, must have been on the track somewhere, clearly a dedicated Alfisti.
* finally a blue 147, with the bonnet up being attended to by the AA.
Then thoughts turned back to why I went in the Bravo, the 1.2 engine used a thimble of petrol and the bike fitted in it and could still do 80-90 readily, whereas my 166 would have used twice as much fuel and the bike would have been in three bits before going in.
Still it was good to get back in it for work this morning