Return to core values and new V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 26 Old 12-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Return to core values and new V6

Interesting presentation from Fiat

230bhp Mi.To

Return to core values

New V6

Interchangeability with Ferrari and Maserati

Fiat Presentation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Re: Return to core values and new V6

Nothing wrong with the old V6 they should just start making that one again
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Modus 1.4

I am liking Fiats more and more.

Bravo stealing a lot of Alfa sales here
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbertr14 View Post
I am liking Fiats more and more.

Bravo stealing a lot of Alfa sales here
Can't move for Bravos, Puntos and 500s here either.
The poor 147 needs to be retired.

Damien_C

Nice find Going by that if it's all true they are fairly commited.

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Can't move for Bravos, Puntos and 500s here either.
That's quite interesting, the French historically are very patriotic in their buying habits.

Not like us... but that's another discussion
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
That's quite interesting, the French historically are very patriotic in their buying habits.

Not like us... but that's another discussion
The large majority are. But we're virtually
in Italy here.

AO Platinum Member

Ah, a presentation with graphs, wizzy lines, a RESPECT statement and pictures of tractors. How very 2008. I bet the presentation that underpinned the launch of the 1983 Fiat Uno was pretty much exactly the same.

Once you've stripped away the corporate bull from that prezzo, let's look at what customers buy; they buy good looking cars that fit their budget, drive well, don't break down and are supported by quality dealers. This, typically, equals profit. Pictures of tractors and supercars rarely result in sales.

Nice prezzo, but seen it - and a squillion Fiat Group variants of it - many times before. Now that the 500 launch is done, where is Fiat's Smart? Where is its Toyota iQ, or VW up! thingy? Fiat's progress is impressive, without a doubt...but it's only impressive for Fiat, and not for the auto industry.

g

A driver is always faithful to a car that's always faithful to its driver.

Sometimes in the darkest hour, love comes shining through.
Then it doesn't seem so far from me to you.
AO Member

County: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudetto View Post
Ah, a presentation with graphs, wizzy lines, a RESPECT statement and pictures of tractors. How very 2008. I bet the presentation that underpinned the launch of the 1983 Fiat Uno was pretty much exactly the same.

Once you've stripped away the corporate bull from that prezzo, let's look at what customers buy; they buy good looking cars that fit their budget, drive well, don't break down and are supported by quality dealers. This, typically, equals profit. Pictures of tractors and supercars rarely result in sales.

Nice prezzo, but seen it - and a squillion Fiat Group variants of it - many times before. Now that the 500 launch is done, where is Fiat's Smart? Where is its Toyota iQ, or VW up! thingy? Fiat's progress is impressive, without a doubt...but it's only impressive for Fiat, and not for the auto industry.

g

Fiat's sales have overtaken Renault in Europe and are quickly catching GM and Ford. Who would have thought??! They've wiped out their massive debt in a couple of years. Case-New Holland and Iveco are flying as well. That's why they show picures of tractors- because they are world leaders. And proud of it. Where is Fiat's Smart???????? Smart has been a disaster for Mercedes that has only ever lost money! Vw's up! is only a concept! Fiat's Toyaota IQ competitor is under development.... Why don't you buy a VW and go to a VW forum if Fiat/Alfa is so crap?????
AO Member

Ah, sorry, I see you actually have a VW already...Keep it up! I recommend a Passat as a sensible replacement for the Polo- enjoy!

Quote:

g
I'm not gonna jump on you, but your post is very mis-guided. As stated, Fiat are very proud of the other companies under the corporate umbrella. In fact last month Fiat missed out on being the highest selling lcv maker (excluding Iveco sales) in Europe, by a massive 200 units

You state the Up! thingy, but you've seen the hybrid city car right? no? oh ok

You must know all about the cam free engines due for launch in the coming few months?

There's a hell of alot going on with Fiat/Alfa/Lancia at the moment, you just won't hear about it all.

Smart has been a massive disaster for MB, from what I understand this is the final throw of the dice for them. There just isn't a big enough market place as of yet. Same with electric vehicles, but hey there's electric vans coming soon too...

Alot of the motor industry is having problems at the moment. Alot are investing in developing markets (Eastern Europe/China/India), and guess what? Fiat are right there too. It's only Renault (with the Dacia brand) that's really stolen a march on Fiat imo

Oh and I love VW's too, so it's not an anti VW thing
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Thanks for the link Kevin
AO Gold Member

The 147 was meant to be totally retired by "now' but the MiTo changed all that....Here in Oz we will see the MiTo in mid 2009 and the 149 in early 2010 I suspect.....so for someone like me who bought their Alfa 147 2.0 in 2002, it is a very long time between cars......Thanks FIAT, you have saved me a lot of money....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Got to love the Yoda reference in a corporate presentation.
AO Silver Member

Garage

It all seems very impressive. which lets face it is what the world is about these days.

But I genuinely believe Fiat are heading in the right direction, just got to hope the developing financial situation doesn't bite just as they're getting there act together. :fingerscrossed:
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

They're currently trying to rebuild confidence in the brand, just look at the new 5 year unlimited mile warranty for the new Brava. It's getting better all the time.

It'd be interesting to see if they ever put that kind of warranty on an Alfa. A lot of the people I know who have Audis, Fords, VWs, would love to have an Alfa, it's just that they're put off by the reliability.
AO Silver Member

County: Antrim

Quote:
Now that the 500 launch is done, where is Fiat's Smart?
You mean this one?

Fiat's electric Topolino | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2109 View Post
I'm not gonna jump on you, but your post is very mis-guided. As stated, Fiat are very proud of the other companies under the corporate umbrella. In fact last month Fiat missed out on being the highest selling lcv maker (excluding Iveco sales) in Europe, by a massive 200 units

You state the Up! thingy, but you've seen the hybrid city car right? no? oh ok

You must know all about the cam free engines due for launch in the coming few months?

There's a hell of alot going on with Fiat/Alfa/Lancia at the moment, you just won't hear about it all.

Smart has been a massive disaster for MB, from what I understand this is the final throw of the dice for them. There just isn't a big enough market place as of yet. Same with electric vehicles, but hey there's electric vans coming soon too...

Alot of the motor industry is having problems at the moment. Alot are investing in developing markets (Eastern Europe/China/India), and guess what? Fiat are right there too. It's only Renault (with the Dacia brand) that's really stolen a march on Fiat imo
Ok, noted. I agree, I spoke without thinking. I'm not even sure what point I was trying to make on re-reading it.

Alesi - I couldn't give two hoots about VW, whether it's my Polo or anything else it makes. I had a GTV6 for five years, so don't for a moment think my post was from the perspective of a VAG fan. It was merely from the point of view of me talking gibberish.

g
Ferryman_1957

What was interesting for me was that there was NO explicit mention of the 149. It said "Alfa Romeo Future C-Segment, C-Crossover & 169...". Why no mention of the 149 if they are prepared to mention the 169? Or am I being paranoid..... (as I think I would be quite interested in a 149 GTA at some point).

Cheers,

Nigel

AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Ok, noted. I agree, I spoke without thinking. I'm not even sure what point I was trying to make on re-reading it.
Shock/horror - g posts without thinking
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

What Fiat really need is a car to replace the Coupe IMO. It would really lift the image of the whole range.
Most Current Fiats look pretty ordinary IMO except for the new Grand Punto Abarth and EsseEsse version.

As for Alfa, a modernised version of the old V6, maybe in a smaller capacity with a turbo charger would be a good move IMO.

Personally i'm not fond of most of the new Fiat designs. I pass by the dealership in Bridgwater regularly and it looks pretty dead in there too most of the time.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
Shock/horror - g posts without thinking
eh, it happens sometimes, bud

g
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
eh, it happens sometimes, bud

g
Not in my experience

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
core , return , values

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page