The power of the Alfa - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

 
Thread Tools
scsc
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The power of the Alfa

Jehovah's Witnesses came round when I was waxing the Spider the other night.

Guess what we talked about? And Who didn't get a mention?



They were lovely people and Alfa afficionados of long standing - certainly knew a lot more about Alfas than I do.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Nicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 3,269
Re: The power of the Alfa

That's because Jehovah works in mysterious ways - he was feeding them the information and now they're under your skin. Next time they come round you'll be converted
Nicky is offline  
scsc
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The power of the Alfa

Not sure about me but the Spider is definitely convertible.
 
Status: In the lounge with a net
AO Member
 
Camp Freddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Underground Lair
Posts: 864

Member car:

156 Sportwagon

Re: The power of the Alfa

What do you get if you cross a Millwall fan with a Jehovah's Witness?

Someone who knocks on the door and tells you to **** off.
Camp Freddie is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Herefordshire
Posts: 833
Re: The power of the Alfa

You don't live in Shropshire do you? Before I moved away I had them call round just after I bought a GT four years ago. Lo and behold Alfa enthusiast as well, couldn't get rid of them. Do you think they sus out what car you have, swat it up and then do the hard sell? (didn't work if they did!!)
caradoc is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The power of the Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Freddie View Post
What do you get if you cross a Millwall fan with a Jehovah's Witness?

Someone who knocks on the door and tells you to **** off.
Lmao, spectacular hahaha
 
scsc
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The power of the Alfa

Quote:
You don't live in Shropshire do you?
No Scotland - but they may do missionary work abroad.

You don't think maybe Jehovah is a secret Alfa fan? Could explain a few things......

Like why the sun always comes out when I put the roof down.....

And why lights go to green when I approach - unless there's another Alfa already queuing....

And why the price of fuel is increasing so that there's less traffic around to get in my way....

And why the Spider is invisible to speed cameras.

Isn't it amazing what you can believe when you put your mind to it.

Hallelujah brothers and sisters.
 
Status: dossing
AO Silver Member
 
alfaspence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Suffolk
Posts: 2,749
Re: The power of the Alfa

alfaspence is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Herefordshire
Posts: 833
Re: The power of the Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsc View Post
No Scotland - but they may do missionary work abroad.

You don't think maybe Jehovah is a secret Alfa fan? Could explain a few things......

Like why the sun always comes out when I put the roof down.....

And why lights go to green when I approach - unless there's another Alfa already queuing....

And why the price of fuel is increasing so that there's less traffic around to get in my way....

And why the Spider is invisible to speed cameras.

Isn't it amazing what you can believe when you put your mind to it.

Hallelujah brothers and sisters.
....now you come to mention it
caradoc is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
jinxred156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 290

Member car:

RED156 vel.FiXED

Re: The power of the Alfa

No thats the mold growing in your air Con giving you delusions
jinxred156 is offline  
HSTDriver
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The power of the Alfa

I had the old Jehovas witnesses call at my place. They asked If I could spare a few minutes of my time, so I said 'yeah, why not?' and I invited them in.

Now they looked a bit hot and bothered, so I offered to take their coats, and hung them up in the cloakroom, they were very grateful.

When they came in I asked them if they wanted a cuppa, and they said they'd ove one, so I boiled the kettle and made them tea.

We went and sat in the front room, and they were just about to speak and I interrupted. 'I'm starving' I said 'Do you fancy a sandwhich?' and they said they were hungry too, so yeah, they'd love one.

So I went and made a few sandwiches and took them into the front room.

so we were all in the lounge sipping tea and eating sandwiches, and I started 'So, tell me all about this Jehova business then'

'I dunno mate' one of them replies 'We've never got this far before'


 
scsc
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: The power of the Alfa

Quote:
No thats the mold growing in your air Con giving you delusions
Yes, but who made the mould and put it in my aircon.....

Hallelujah again!
 
Ant
Status: Always hopeful yet discontent.
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 92
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere far beyond...
Posts: 38,310

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Re: The power of the Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
I had the old Jehovas witnesses call at my place. They asked If I could spare a few minutes of my time, so I said 'yeah, why not?' and I invited them in.

Now they looked a bit hot and bothered, so I offered to take their coats, and hung them up in the cloakroom, they were very grateful.

When they came in I asked them if they wanted a cuppa, and they said they'd ove one, so I boiled the kettle and made them tea.

We went and sat in the front room, and they were just about to speak and I interrupted. 'I'm starving' I said 'Do you fancy a sandwhich?' and they said they were hungry too, so yeah, they'd love one.

So I went and made a few sandwiches and took them into the front room.

so we were all in the lounge sipping tea and eating sandwiches, and I started 'So, tell me all about this Jehova business then'

'I dunno mate' one of them replies 'We've never got this far before'


Excellent!!
Ant is offline  
Status: -
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,419
Re: The power of the Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
I had the old Jehovas witnesses call at my place. They asked If I could spare a few minutes of my time, so I said 'yeah, why not?' and I invited them in.

Now they looked a bit hot and bothered, so I offered to take their coats, and hung them up in the cloakroom, they were very grateful.

When they came in I asked them if they wanted a cuppa, and they said they'd ove one, so I boiled the kettle and made them tea.

We went and sat in the front room, and they were just about to speak and I interrupted. 'I'm starving' I said 'Do you fancy a sandwhich?' and they said they were hungry too, so yeah, they'd love one.

So I went and made a few sandwiches and took them into the front room.

so we were all in the lounge sipping tea and eating sandwiches, and I started 'So, tell me all about this Jehova business then'

'I dunno mate' one of them replies 'We've never got this far before'


garry-graig is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Herefordshire
Posts: 833
Re: The power of the Alfa

...like it!
caradoc is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa , power

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome