GTV Cup - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

Graham P

GTV Cup

Just been offered a 02 Cup for £7000 (not 100% sure of the deal yet but he's gonna see what he can do). He wasn't sure of the mileage but thinks it's around 90k. Has fsh, new brake discs and pads all round, MAF has been replaced etc etc. Does it sound a good deal? Do you reckon it will hold it's value well?

Cup owners tell me all about them please

Last edited by Graham P; 09-06-08 at 18:53.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Worcestershire

Member car:

GTV Cup No.72

Re: GTV Cup

Seems pretty high mileage. When were the belts last done?

Price seems roughly right though. I payed 8k a year ago for a 52 plate with 53k on the clock.

Tell you about them? Drop dead gorgeous, sounds like heaven, goes like stink, drinks like a fish. Don't buy if you don't like being stared at
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Cambelt done recently?

Remember being an 02 plate its value may be likely to fall given the astronomical cost of road tax next year
AO Platinum Member

Aye! Keep it in the garage (SORN) and just lick it..

Ralf S.
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Garage

Member car:

E82 125i

I think the main reason for getting a cup is that they hold their value well as mentioned, but I wouldn't think this is true for one with that many miles.
Personally I'd spend 6k on a decent standard V6 with 40k, then you can stick a cup kit on it if it takes your fancy - and you get to choose the colour!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil-gtv6 View Post
Personally I'd spend 6k on a decent standard V6 with 40k, then you can stick a cup kit on it if it takes your fancy - and you get to choose the colour!
No no no. The cup is something special, you can't just buy a V6 and whack a Cup kit on it, that would be like cutting out a picture of Cameron Diaz from a magazine and slapping it on your girlfriend's face before you go to bed... it's just not the same.

If everything else is equal, the mileage does seem quite high.

Obviously check that it's all been stamped and had the belts done.

Forget about the tax increase, it's 200 extra for god's sake, over the course of a year it's not that much. For the opporuntity to own one of these, it's definitely worth it.

You're asking the question, which means you've probably already sold yourself, and just looking to justify your decision

Do it

Graham P

Sorry my original e-mail said 60k (before the edit) as that's what I was told hence the excitement but I got a call later on that day saying they got it wrong and it's 90k (mainly motorway miles). I'm not getting it now. Too many miles for me. Definitely getting a GTV V6 though as soon as though be it a Cup or not (just waiting for my 147 to sell)

AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Garage

Member car:

E82 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmerUK View Post
No no no. The cup is something special, you can't just buy a V6 and whack a Cup kit on it, that would be like cutting out a picture of Cameron Diaz from a magazine and slapping it on your girlfriend's face before you go to bed... it's just not the same.
ah yes, I forgot about the Cup's superior suspension set up and massive power advantage !!

ok, i admit, adding a Cup kit is not the same - you have to live with full leather seats.
AO Silver Member

County: Antrim

sounds like a decent deal to me if all is well with it
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil-gtv6 View Post
ah yes, I forgot about the Cup's superior suspension set up and massive power advantage !!

ok, i admit, adding a Cup kit is not the same - you have to live with full leather seats.
I appreciate the Cup is essentially the same as a regular GTV V6, but as a package it's something else. If you have a 3.0 V6 with a kit, it'll still only be a GTV with a kit. A Cup is a Cup and there's only 155 of them.
AO Member

lol, all the cup owners getting worked up justifying the extra wonga...i'd be just as happy with a standard v6 as i would with my shiney, lovely, fast, low mileage, sorted cup

I love my cup...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
cup , gtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page