Is being British effecting the cost of my invoice?????? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 27 Old 08-06-08 Thread Starter

Is being British effecting the cost of my invoice??????

Hi everyone, Foxy here, been away for a long while now but back in the land of the livin'. Need help advice before I explode! Recently the alternator went on my pretty little Spider, devastating but thought it was a good opportunity to get the cam belt changed at the same time. The Alfa garage have just dropped a whopping bill on me for the work (nearly 2000 Euros!/ 1700) I phoned a few places in UK and other parts of mainland europe to compare the prices and I am being totally ripped off here, they have done the work now and I have to cough up (i have nt complained to them because they are foreign and when I tried to discuss the bill they were not interested, but I would like to write to complain to Alfa Romeo for lack of standardised pricing and maybe even get some money back. Where do I write to? Cant find anything on the web and the garge it self (being bloomin foreign) are claiming a miscommunication even though I got a native speaker who works for the UK Government to do the talking for me! I m totally hacked off and to top it all off when I got the car back (before I got the invoice and even though I have nt yet complained) it was dirty and full of bits of crap from the work. In 8 years of being an AO, Ive always received brilliant customer service. This is disgusting and depressing. I hope they dont get anywhere in Euro 2008!

As you can see I have not mentioned the country I m in for fear of offending some viewers, I m not racist but feel at times the rest of the world is against the English! Somebody please sooth me, i need so love and advice....................................mainly love though..........yep ...................lots of love neede here.............wish I had one of those mechanics (on the b&w posters) at home in my garage who could do it for free........................I mean the car fixing not the love or maybe............................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Re: Is being British effecting the cost of my invoice??????

Can't help with the problem but I know how you feel. On a certain island not many years ago I took my Alfetta in to a garage for head removal and examination.

Ended up with probably the only rear engined Alfetta in the world......pity the engine was totally stripped to it's component parts and rattling around a lot in the boot. And he expected me to pay him !
(Post Link) post #3 of 27 Old 08-06-08 Thread Starter

Thanks Nige for your support! I m still seething but no one else has put their opinions on the issue so now I m feeling unloved here too. I might go and buy a BMW!!!!!!...............no I could never do that. Alfa Romeo they hook you in and make you love them and then they beat you and toy with you and you still cant stop loving them............what is a weak and feeble girl to do? A love hate relationship.
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Moved to General Alfa Discussion
AO Platinum Member

Ah.. you're a bird AND in a foreign country.

You've got no chance .. "Lamb" and "Slaughter" come to mind...

But you should "name and shame" the locals.. how else can we maintain probably quite accurate stereotypes in the face of the PC brigade, if we don't have any ammunition.

Spider (warm country) and Euro-2008 suggests you're in France, Spain, Italy or Portugal... ...

Maybe we can have a poll? My money is on Portugal

Ralf S.

Hey Foxy - I knew you would be back, as we were missing you

Chris
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxybrown View Post
Thanks Nige for your support! I m still seething but no one else has put their opinions on the issue so now I m feeling unloved here too. I might go and buy a BMW!!!!!!...............no I could never do that. Alfa Romeo they hook you in and make you love them and then they beat you and toy with you and you still cant stop loving them............what is a weak and feeble girl to do? A love hate relationship.
It's funny how some Threads develop lots of interest and others just collapse, can't work out any logic in this ! I've put up some silly Threads expecting little or nothing and they have taken off, these are the ones that I feel have no merit at all ! Other sensible ones die a quick death !

You'll stick with the Alfa, it's obviously in your soul !

Hope you can get some satisfaction with the garage issues but....... My Alfetta never run again, it was chopped in half as it was a duty free import and could not even be sold for spares. On the bright side I had a Toyota Corolla as a replacement, albeit it in a different and even hotter country, the company wouldn't spring me an Alfa !

Anyway, keep on pressing them, if you don't try you can't win and will always be mad with yourself if you just give up.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige005 View Post
It's funny how some Threads develop lots of interest and others just collapse, can't work out any logic in this ! I've put up some silly Threads expecting little or nothing and they have taken off, these are the ones that I feel have no merit at all ! Other sensible ones die a quick death !

Good Luck.
Some people Nige still think Foxy is a bloke

Perhaps thats why....

Chris
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd_b View Post
Some people Nige still think Foxy is a bloke

Perhaps thats why....

Chris
Surely not Chris ! I mean, I call myself an old fart but really I look like a young Sean Connery

It is odd though, Painter Girl put up a Thread about stud sizes and nowt really happened, thought they'd be lots of knowledge on that topic.
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxybrown View Post

As you can see I have not mentioned the country I m in for fear of offending some viewers, I m not racist but feel at times the rest of the world is against the English!
Wales is it?

What was the 2000 Euros actually for in terms of work?

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

RED156 vel.FiXED

WAles is a particularly racist country its only the English were not partial to
(Post Link) post #12 of 27 Old 09-06-08 Thread Starter

Hello Chris_b ( you have not changed and I missed you more than anyone)!

The work was a new alternator and cambelt. I was quoted less than half in UK but could nt get the car back to get it done and so thought I d pay the same if not less here.

I m loathed to detail where I am at the mo until I get to the bottom of the rip off. But I do appreciate your support. I would normally have undone a few buttons and given a cheeky smile and shown a bit of thigh but I feel that I am not a piece of meat, I have feelings (also I like to save that tactic for real emergencies like being taken hostage by the Iranian Navy or meeting Chris_B in a supermarket ). So I tried to get hold of an address to write to at Alfa Customer complaints and I m having no luck.

Anyone know the address? Cant use 118 118 from here.

You are right, girl in foreign country, what was I thinking? It is not too late for a recovery though. I have ways!
AO Member

Germany ?
AO Platinum Member

No.. the Germans would have a menu price list on the door and in prominent locations and they would also be able to prove the price of all the parts (to the nearest penny) which were made in Austria or Hungary and were used because they're better quality than OE, so it would be illogical not to..

They would also have measured and be able to prove the exact quatities of grease and rubber gasket sealant etc. they used during the repairs, to justify their prices.

This sounds way more casual than that...

Can I vote for Greece?

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
VO2Max

Nice one Ralf

Glad to hear it's not your airbags playing up though FoxyB, hope you get it fixed soonest.

BTW, Chrisd_b was talking about you only the other day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2Max View Post
Nice one Ralf

Glad to hear it's not your airbags playing up though FoxyB, hope you get it fixed soonest.

BTW, Chrisd_b was talking about you only the other day!
She knows Max - I am scared out of my mind

VO2Max

...talk of the Devil...(and she shall appear...)

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

My vote is France, bunch of gits. I'mallowed to say that because... it's true.

Unfortunately, if we don't know where you are we can't help you find details on who to write to.

My advice would be to go onto the Alfa website and click on the country where you are, then get hold of customer services.
jug
AO Silver Member

County: Durham

if you're afraid of causing offence on here by naming the country then there is no way you're the kind of person who can walk in there and start shouting, but i bet that would work wonders and it is honestly what i would do. at least ask for a detailed itemised bill to show why it costs so much.

if you did not agree a price beforehand then you bascially agreed to pay whatever they want to charge you.

Didn't they give you a ball park figure before you excepted they did the work?

P.s. I reckon its Spain.
(Post Link) post #21 of 27 Old 10-06-08 Thread Starter

Thanks for these comments chaps, I am still reluctant to give away the country. First of all they collected the vehicle and told me it would nt cost anything since I was asking for more than just the problem alternator to be replaced, I requested that the cambelt be changed too (seemed to make sense as they were going in there anyway). They could nt give me a quote until they had a look. Two days later they called me and quoted a price for the 2 jobs, which I told them I thought was expensive (but I dont speak their language and they barely spoke english ). I phoned a round and the next day got my interpreter to call them and discuss the price. They said that the price they siad was the price they were sticking with and the job was done. I went to collect the bill and they had also carried out a full oil change and some other jobs (my interpreter in translating the bill for me now) without my permission bring the total to twice what I thought it would be and unable to take the car unless I paid, hence why I need to go through Alfa customer complaints. I have a different quote (much cheaper) from another Alfa Garage 2 hours away. To top it off they didnt clean the car and the inside was full of bits from doing the work and I didnt get a replacement car to use for the week they had the car and had to hitch hike home! So I am going to express my disatisfaction to customer services. In 8 years I ve never been treated bad before, I m convinced it is because I m a young (ish) english girl - I should have shown them my airbags!!!!!
I will keep you chaps posted,

Chris I had a warm and fuzzy feeling the other day and I knew it was something to do with you.

[QUOTE=

Chris I had a warm and fuzzy feeling the other day and I knew it was something to do with you. [/QUOTE]

I reckon you are one in the same person..................... just a hunch.
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

My money is on Lichtenstein..........

Cheers to All
Peter

Hi Darling - you're very welcome, any chance you can bring me home a 338 please - I have need to shut someone up

Chris

Violence never solved anything Chrissy B. I just wonder if this Foxy brown is actually a lady...........

Is a 338 a gun?

Your such a sterotype Chris. Gun crime is a bad crime.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
british , cost , effecting , invoice

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page