Auto Lusso Service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 06-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 ti

Auto Lusso Service

I had my 159 ti serviced at Auto Lusso yesterday and as usual the service way 1st rate. From the "hello, fancy a cup of tea" to handing over my credit card to pay. The whole experience was fantastic.

Ned suggested that I changed my font brake pads to performance ones as the standard brakes on the ti are not the best. The improvment was outstanding and now I dont have to worry coming up to roundabouts anymore!!!

Ned, thanks for all the advise and not having to paying through the nose for a service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Re: Auto Lusso Service

Was it you with the same tyre issue as me K??

Re. the PF pads - we have them on the GT and they are amazing. Watch for the dust though and don't let it build up

Will get them on mine at some point in the future.

As for Autolusso and their service - faultless. 100% recommend and I won't say that about many places (Intaservices & jamie Porter's too)
(Post Link) post #3 of 14 Old 06-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Was it you with the same tyre issue as me K??

Re. the PF pads - we have them on the GT and they are amazing. Watch for the dust though and don't let it build up

Will get them on mine at some point in the future.

As for Autolusso and their service - faultless. 100% recommend and I won't say that about many places (Intaservices & jamie Porter's too)
Yes, I have the same tyre issue. The inner edge of both fronts are wearing at a reate of knots. I have emailed Alfa customer service asking for their view.

I will get the camber leveled out a bot when I change the fronts and see how it effects the handling.

I am also considering changing the tyres to a 35 ratio which will make the tyres way more reasonable. I am just checking to see if this will effect the handling.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

I think load is more important but personally, I'd rather stick with the original sizes for insurance purposes
(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 07-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 ti

That is a very good point. Thanks for the advise
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire

Hi Keith, I am pleased you are happy with the service and the pads. I told you they were good.

As for the tyres I don’t think changing from 40 profile tyres to 35 will have any bearing on your insurance, won’t be a bad thing to inform them just in case.

I was looking at the prices of the tyres and you are right the 35 are about 30% cheaper, I think I would try the Toyo Proxes T1-R, I have used these and they are very good, there is also an AO club discount to be had at Blackcircles

Buy Tyres Online

How about a review on that P-Box you have sometime

Ned
Ferryman_1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Too right - the pads are great but a lot of dust from the front and it's damn hard to clean. Annoying, but the braking performance is great - I guess it encourages me to use them more!

Cheers,

Nigel

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

For comparison's sake, the DS2500s squeaked like buggery for about three months on my JTD (284mm discs, 1 pot calipers), and while they weren't as dusty as the standard brakes it was far harder to clean off. So I think all performance brakes are similar in this regard.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPurvey View Post
I had my 159 ti serviced at Auto Lusso yesterday and as usual the service way 1st rate. From the "hello, fancy a cup of tea" to handing over my credit card to pay. The whole experience was fantastic.
that is a bit smarmy bum lick
(Post Link) post #10 of 14 Old 08-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisfrowning View Post
that is a bit smarmy bum lick
You think? .... People in the past have posted negative comments about issues they have had with Smart Alfa/ Auto Lusso. I always post positive comments when I have recieved good service....and I have found no reason to post anything but good comments.
Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Great to hear positive stuff about suppliers.
V6 Addiction

Spoke to Autolusso myself this week when they managed to source me a second hand V6 downpipe....have nothing but praise for them. Autolusso's knowledge and reputation precedes them and I have to say I'll be coming back again, many thanks to Ned and Laurence for their help on this one.

I have to agree had my GT serviced at auto lusso last year and they were excellent if the service was not good I would have posted so.

yep, the bumlich manouvre is certainly justified by the service at AL. only used them once but wouln't consider taking the car anywhere else now.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
auto , lusso , service

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page