Am I making a mistake? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 10-05-08 Thread Starter

Help Am I making a mistake?

I'm in the process of trading in my 'X' reg 156 2.0 TS Veloce SP2 for an '04' 147 2.0 TS Lusso.

I'm interested in comments and your thoughts are appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Am I making a mistake?

You're gonna miss the extra doors.

I do like the 147's, im sure you'll enjoy it.
AO Member

County: Swansea

You wont regret it. The 147 is a wonderful car that handles really well. What you will notice is how much tighter the newer car will feel. Watch out though the 147 is a boy racer magnet but with 150 bhp on tap you will deal with saxo/corsa's with ease!
(Post Link) post #4 of 16 Old 11-05-08 Thread Starter

Thanks for the support during this troubling / stressful time :-)

Hopefully, I won't miss the extra doors as I've gone for the 5-door. The back doors are almost as discrete at the 156. As far as Boy Racer's go, I don't really get into traffic light stand-offs these days & my clean license means a lot to me. However, I may consider the Angel re-map I've been reading a lot about at this forum.

One thing I'm VERY interested in is the 'user selectable maps' version I've seen on the Angel Tuning website. I'm BIG into gadjets and that sounds pretty trick. Anyone used this yet?

Also.....how is it that the same 2.0 litre engine in the 147 (I assume its the same) develops less BHP than the 156?
AO Silver Member

County: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
You wont regret it. The 147 is a wonderful car that handles really well. What you will notice is how much tighter the newer car will feel. Watch out though the 147 is a boy racer magnet but with 150 bhp on tap you will deal with saxo/corsa's with ease!
Agreed! Get cars (mostly Corsa's, Saxo's and the odd golf) revving their engines at traffic lights and roundabouts quite a lot. I am tempted but havent raced any yet. I just make them think i am and then let them scream away in a cloud of smoke lol.
(Post Link) post #6 of 16 Old 15-05-08 Thread Starter

Well, I picked it up today and so far so good. Agile and loads of dashboard goodies!

Can't get the satnav working: 'Error reading disc'.

I hope that is my only complaint!
Graham P

No mistake. I have enjoyed my 147 loads (it's up for sale at the mo but I'm still considering keeping it as I know what a great motor I have.....it's a grass is greener scenario ). Definitely get the re-map done though. It does make a vast difference. You may aswell get the BMC Carbon Dynamic Air Filter done at the same time. The sound from it is worth it alone. Have fun

P.S Probably a scratched CD. Give it a good clean. That worked with my satvnav on my first 147

Last edited by Graham P; 16-05-08 at 07:34.

(Post Link) post #8 of 16 Old 16-05-08 Thread Starter

I think I may have been given the wrong CD???

The CD is Blaupunkt TravelPilot DX TeleAtlas. I'm sure that I've read here that it should be Navteq???

The satnav display is red on black so its not the Nav+

Any ideas?
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightweb View Post
One thing I'm VERY interested in is the 'user selectable maps' version I've seen on the Angel Tuning website. I'm BIG into gadjets and that sounds pretty trick. Anyone used this yet?

Also.....how is it that the same 2.0 litre engine in the 147 (I assume its the same) develops less BHP than the 156?
That is the euro3 variation of the twin spark engine so it has precats built into the manifold. That cuts the power by 5BHP.
Graham P

Yep sound slike the wrong CD. Can't be 100% about that though. I'll check with my mate who has it in his

AO Member

Member car:

156 JTS Veloce

Well done on your purchase - although your road tax will go up to 270 next year and 300 in 2010!
Graham P

Mate says he'll check the CD out in a bit. Do you reckon it can be copied? He'll do you a copy if so

Graham P

The CD is called Navtech On Board

(Post Link) post #14 of 16 Old 16-05-08 Thread Starter

Thanks for your responses.

I'm still not sure about this. I've read that the Nav+ (Full colour maps I believe) use Navtec and the Nav (Mine, Red text on black screen) use Teleatlas.

The garage I bought it from (an Alfa Franchise) have promised a replacement with no quibbles, so thanks for the offer of a 'backup'. If the garage don't come up with the goods, I'll take you up on the offer.

Very difficult to get a definitive answer on which system I've got. The confusing thing (also) is that the NavTech site lists the 147, but TeleAtlas don't????

But, much more importantly, I am already falling in love with the new car! Don't you just love that honeymoon period.

I guess I need to update my profile. I almost have a tear in my looking at the picture of my old 156; I think I'll leave it for a week or two.
(Post Link) post #15 of 16 Old 16-05-08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo_jojo View Post
Well done on your purchase - although your road tax will go up to 270 next year and 300 in 2010!
Yeh, but petrol will probably be so expensive in 2010 that 300 will be a drop in the ocean!
Rosso145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaspeed View Post
Agreed! Get cars (mostly Corsa's, Saxo's and the odd golf) revving their engines at traffic lights and roundabouts quite a lot. I am tempted but havent raced any yet. I just make them think i am and then let them scream away in a cloud of smoke lol.
You'll struggle against a VTS.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
making , mistake

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page