Thinking about a change of car (again!) - Idea's please
I am looking at a possible change of car again.
I have owned :-
1999 Alfa 156 2.4 JTD
2005 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Veloce
2004 Alfa GT 1.9 JTD
and I currently have a 2001 Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 (which is in perfect condition in every way - mechanically/bodywork e.t.c , low miles), but I still have a hankering for something with fuel economy in the 30+ zone, it needs to have super quick steering, agile handling, character and soul. and RWD ! Nothing that will be hitting £400 tax bands (luckily my GTV avoids it)
I generally hate japanese cars (DC5's no thanks) and VTEC units are my idea of hell. Though I did enjoy the 350z (very surprising car), I find the steering on BMW's to be too slow, same for Mercedes and most german cars.
I have been mulling over a number of ideas (quite a random selection):-
-TVR Chimera (Insurance will be a problem as I have only just turned 23)
-Alfa Spider (Duetto/Kamm Tail, don't like the rubber backed one, and the latest S4 is a possibility)
- Alfa Giulia (but as with the Spider, slightly concerned about using it as a daily car)
-Vauxhall VX220 Turbo (prefer the Lotus S2 shape, but the Vauxhall offers the same as the S2 ...with a little more chucked in, also vastly cheaper insurance).
Considered a Corvette C5 (but I don't think it will dynamically work for me)
- I currently have no access to a garage
- Driven lots of 911's and Boxsters and found the Elise/VX220 better in almost every way.
- I love the Fiat Coupe, but want to move away from FWD.
- Lancia Delta Integrale - Thought it over and unfortunately discounted.
Ideas/suggestions, up to £14k for the perfect car.