Direct Comparison between Michelin PS4s and Pirelli PZeros - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

9Likes
  • 5 Post By Freds GTV 2001
  • 1 Post By LiamBates
  • 2 Post By symon
  • 1 Post By Oldie

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 04-08-18 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1750 Turbo

Direct Comparison between Michelin PS4s and Pirelli PZeros

I recently had the opportunity to test the two tyres directly on my Giulietta QV when I had my wheels refurbished (by CNC Wheels in Sydney - Highly Recommended)

My normal tyres are Michelin PS4s but the they gave me a spare set of wheels and Pirellis P Zero tyres to drive around on while my normal wheels were being refurbished.

Normal Michelin PS4 Size is 225/40 R 18 but the Pirelli P Zeros were 225/45 R 18 (as thats the closest they had in size)

I was really a fan of the Pirelli P Zeros as I had them on my GTV V6 previously.

When I first drove on the Pirellis I noticed that I was sitting a little higher than normal which is to be expected. But then I noticed that the tyres were really crashy and banging alot more than my Michelins. Not only that there was a huge amount of noise coming from the tyres Id never heard before ! All this talk about loud tyres was just theory to me until I actually heard the difference between my Michelins compared to the Pirellis.

Also there seemed to be slightly less grip and they seemed to skip over bumps a little skittishly like they were a harder compound tyre compared to the more "sticky" feel of the Michelins.

Lastly I expected the bigger Pirellis to be alot more comfortable being a higher profile tyre. But they were not.

As soon as I got my wheels refurbed and my Michelins back on I immediately noticed the difference with them. They felt lower, more stickier hugging the road and whats more surprising they were more comfortable absorbing bumps and irregularities much better than the Pirellis.

So this is a real surprise after being a fan of the Pirelli P Zeros before the Michelins really are far superior to the them in every regard. They really add a new performance dimension to the car that the Pirellis cant. Im not sure what the price difference is but its definetly worth paying more for the Michelins if you can.

All the reviews Ive read about the Michelins really are believable they are an outstanding tyre.
Blue Zee, andypj, cue2 and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Worcestershire
Garage
Thatís interesting, I did consider trying the PS4s last time. Iíll probably give them a go when my current set of Pirelliís are worn down.
Freds GTV 2001 likes this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 04-08-18 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1750 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBates View Post
Thatís interesting, I did consider trying the PS4s last time. Iíll probably give them a go when my current set of Pirelliís are worn down.
Defintely worth it for what ever the difference in price is completley gives a new and better dimension to the car.
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
I have never liked Pirellis personally. Always liked Goodyears and Michelins.
andypj and Freds GTV 2001 like this.

Last edited by symon; 05-08-18 at 12:37.
AO Silver Member

County: Argyll and Bute
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
I have never liked Pirellis personally. Always liked Goodyears and Michelins.
+1, not since I leased a Jag which had them and nearly lost it on a wet bend at normal speed. Noisy, wooden and harsh.

Fitted Toyo T1Rs which made a world of difference and never ever fitted them to any vehicle again.

Can't comment on the PS4s as they are outside my price range for the old Brera (mid priced Dunlop Sportmax TT are good enough)
Freds GTV 2001 likes this.
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
My experience with pirellis was the P6000 and the later P7

Both atrocious in the wet, I replaced the P7 with Goodyear eagle GSD3 which were a world apart.

Since then I have generally used Goodyears (or Falkens if money is tight) but have also used dunlop sport tyres to good effect.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
comparison , direct , michelin , pirelli , ps4s , pzeros

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page