Alfa education or “Audi drivers - how can we help them?” - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Dorian147
  • 1 Post By TheGrimJeeper

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 22-07-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kent
Garage
Cool Alfa education or “Audi drivers - how can we help them?”

There are many other marque drivers who must be first with no courtesy or style at all. There are some worse than others. Rather than be annoyed I mostly feel sorry for them and their poor car which is a mere machine and is driven that way.

I feel a certain responsibility in trying to drive my Alfa with a style befitting it. I dont ‘bomb it’ along, we sweep or glide. I dont push my way through, we courteously allow others and then graciously accept our own turn. I don’t tailgate, we take our proud place in the procession. Then we open up with verve when appropriate. This is almost a moral duty as an Owner, to uphold the good name and the badge of which we are guardians. There are obviously times when someone really lacks due respect for the Alfa, so then the D mode must educate them.

I also feel there are times when we should remain in lane one or two, or drive a little slower to give the others a chance to admire the Alfa and perhaps be enlightened.

There are some I fear who are beyond awakening, but surely it is a community service to try and help them?
joeymannero and orangeocelot like this.

Dorian

2012 Giulietta 1.4TB MA (170) Lusso - Grigio Magnesio
Previously 2003 147 1.6TS Lusso - metallic red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
Alfa education or “Audi drivers - how can we help them?”

I think for most a car defines who they’re. If you can afford to buy a new, or fairly new German car you must be doing well in life, right? Not my view the view of the average German car owner. With Audi it’s a world wide thing. Go to YouTube and just type bad Audi drivers, and you’ll come across lots of videos from around the world.

If you drive an old Alfa you must be a peasant, and like most peasants you must be treat them like one if you are pretty arrogant minded.

Cars may well be driven by people, but they are not classed like people. That’s the reason people don’t have courtesy for other road users...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
I used to buy new Audis until the Q7 arrived and then finally moved onto the Alfa Romeo I'd so long considered. Mention of old Alfas reminds me that they are always admired by a certain buyer as a lot of car for the money. Perhaps it's this feeling of getting a bargain that gives some Alfa owners a different view to Audi drivers or new Alfa buyers? I'm not sure but I do know the mixture of mechanical sympathy with the occasional "Italian tune" of acceleration is satisfying.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
It's funny to mock BMW/Audi/Lexus/****roen divers.
But I think people are kidding themselves if they think Alfa drivers are any better or worse than people who driver other car makes.

Plenty of AR driving dickheads down here.
Mostly MiTo drivers. (I wonder why?!
)

Dave Brand likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa , drivers , education , them” , “audi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page