To Buy or to Sell? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

Kalel

To Buy or to Sell?

G'day Guys.

Wanted to get an opinion on whether to buy or sell my current Alfa.

It's a 2002 156 JTS with 50,000km on the dash. Excellent condition. Cam belt recently changed. Immaculate inside and out. Given me no problems and no complaints. Had it since new.

However I know how bad these darn works of art depreciate and was thinking its not going to be worth much in another 4 years. I know I could probablly get around $20,000 at the moment.

The 159 2.2 looks good but looked at the stats and because of its weight found it was actually SLOWER than my current car. I want to upgrade to another Alfa.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

GTV V6 & C220CDI

Re: To Buy or to Sell?

Generally, the newer the car and more you spend buying it, the more you will lose in depreciation. As you have had your 156 from new, you've probably incurred the worst of the depreciation and if you buy new again, you'll be at the top of that depreciation curve again. The joy of buying cars, it's always gonna cost somewhere but how do you limit the cost? In my humble opinion, you know the entire history of your car, belts done and with low miles on the clock - i'd keep it at least for a little while longer. Can't blame you for cnsidering the 159 though, gorgeous motor, go test drive one and then balance your decision on the factors such as depreciation, drive, spec etc. Good luck.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Yep, buying a new car to avoid depreciation on your old one is the worst possible reason for changing cars. The new one will lose far more money that way than the old one.
I think this is your mind trying to justify a shiny new Alfa
And who can blame it? But don't trick yourself into changing on money grounds - it'll be a loser. If on the other hand you decide that you want to change, and can afford it - go for it.
jug
AO Silver Member

County: Durham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
Wanted to get an opinion on whether to buy or sell my current Alfa.
buy or sell? does that mean you do not currently own it?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
buy , sell

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page