Let down by my alfa for the first time - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

EddieGTA

Cry Like A Baby Let down by my alfa for the first time

So for most the time my GTA sits outside, while I commute on the train to London. Today and tomorrow I am on a course in Bracknell, where the train would be a nightmare to get to from North Kent, so I was looking forward to driving the 40 mile or so, especially now it is Q2'd.

I was all prepared, satnav programmed, I got my stuff together and walked out to the car. So what was the problem? mechanical failure? engine rusted out the bottom of the car? Italian electrical gremlins? Any of those things you get ribbed for, for buying an alfa?

Nope, I walked up pushed the button to unlock the car and nothing, no beep no central locking. Took the battery out put it back in, still nothing! Put the key in and the car unlocked, open the door and WOOWOOWOOWOO!!! (atleast the alarm works)

As the car is left all week I don't leave the spare key at home it is at my parents, and the main key is on the house keys, so it is always with me. I must have lent on the button yesterday when out for what turned into a 10 mile walk and flattened the battery. Dad brought the spare round and it works fine.

And yes I was an hour late for my course, and had to endure the tedious journey from Waterloo to Bracknell at a cost of 34 return

The moral of the story, with todays thieving society. Keep your car key with you at all times, keep your spare key somewhere else... but for gods sake, keep a spare battery for your key indoors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ferryman_1957

Re: Let down by my alfa for the first time

LOL! Well, it wasn't really your Alfa that let you down, was it? It knew it was going to Bracknell, evil place full of thieving chavs.....(sorry any AOers that live in Bracknell). But some nice roads on the outskirts (I live near there).

By the way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
So for most the time my GTA sits outside
Didn't they tell you that's not allowed? All GTAs must be cossetted when they are not being thrashed I'm thinking of getting a fitted cover for mine even though she's always garaged.

Cheers,

Nigel

EddieGTA

Re: Let down by my alfa for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferryman_1957 View Post
LOL! Well, it wasn't really your Alfa that let you down, was it? It knew it was going to Bracknell, evil place full of thieving chavs.....(sorry any AOers that live in Bracknell). But some nice roads on the outskirts (I live near there).

By the way:

Didn't they tell you that's not allowed? All GTAs must be cossetted when they are not being thrashed I'm thinking of getting a fitted cover for mine even though she's always garaged.

Cheers,

Nigel

OK OK, the alfa didn't let me down it was my own stupid fault

And while it is left all week, there is nothing like walking round the corner after a bad day and seeing it sitting there. And it does have it's own reserved space

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa , time

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page