Warranty / ISR question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm

Warranty / ISR question

Had my GT for a month now and am very happy with it, but i do have a couple of queries that I am hoping some of you more experienced guys can help me out with.

The car was registered July 06 and the dealer told me that they would pay the necessary fee to transfer the remainder of the warranty. Should I expect to receive a warranty card or some written notification that this has been done?

My other query is regarding info on the International Security Register window stickers. It states that a new or used buyer should receive notification of vehicle transfer within 28 days but, as with the warranty, I haven't received anything as yet.

I've been quite impressed with the dealer so far; I have received one courtesy call and am expecting a follow-up call in the next few days. Are these things that I need to chase up or would I be asking for things which do not exist?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Re: Warranty / ISR question

The dealer should pay for the warranty & ISR transfer but there are plenty of tales on here of them not doing so, leading to mucho heatache further down the line.

You should get a new warranty / AA card too.

Best check if I was you!
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 30-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm

Re: Warranty / ISR question

Thanks for the info.

They did promise me another courtesy call at the end of this month so I shall ask the question.

I did have a quick flick through the manuals when I bought her (although too busy enjoying the driving at the moment and haven't a clue how this heater thingy works!) and I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that for AA assistance you dialled the number listed in the handbook and gave them your registration number, but i will double check on that.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
isr , question , warranty

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page