Hi Guys & Gals,
Don't want to be too downbeat on a Sunday, but further to my post in Rant Room about the theft this weekend of my beloved GT, though I'd just offer a couple of tips to help stop anyone else possibly going through what we are at the moment.
1. Don't be a fool like me and think car crime happens to other people, it doesn't!
2. I used to think Alfa's weren't particularly the type of 'target' theft vehicles, like porsches, merc's, etc. I was wrong again!
3. According to the Police & even the glazier who came and boarded up the Patio Doors that were used to gain entry to the house in order to steal the keys to steal the car, this type of car theft is becoming more common place. Modern immobilisers have stopped the 'hot-wiring' type of theft of the past, which means the t*ssers break into your house to get the keys to nick it the easy way!
4. Put your car keys OUT OF SIGHT, even during the day (ours was taken in broad daylight).
5. Fit a burgler alarm to your house so they think twice about spending time routing around for your keys or anything else.
6. Consider fitting a tracker device to your pride & joy. They may be expensive, (not sure if they are, I didn't have one, but wish I did!) but so are the excess costs on the house & car insurances, both of which we have to claim on!
Many Thanks for listening,
All the best,
Cody (ex GT driver