Question about wishbones (squeaky) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

EddieGTA

Question about wishbones (squeaky)

Just had the wishbones done as part of a bundle of work. I just drove down to Bristol and back for the Italian car day and have noticed that there is squeaking coming from the front. Is this normal for a while with new bushes?

Other than that car was great and was a great day out, pics will be in the images lounge in a sec.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Re: Question about wishbones (squeaky)

Silicone, silicone, silicone! That doesn't help Zed! Does so, I spray 'em all, with a deep injection probe, regularly, and whilst I don't suppose I'll get away with it for ever on a 51' motor??? but in the meantime.: :
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu ferret View Post
Silicone, silicone, silicone! That doesn't help Zed! Does so, I spray 'em all, with a deep injection probe, regularly, and whilst I don't suppose I'll get away with it for ever on a 51' motor??? but in the meantime.: :
Cheers ZF. I am ever the paranoid Italian car driver, questioning every little noise!

AO Platinum Member

The only real niggle I have, and no we love the Selespeed bit, is the firm ride over rough roads. But there you are, it's more the road surfaces at fault, although the suspension could of been a tadge softer at the expense of a bit of roll, for us pensioner types?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu ferret View Post
totally agree and especially with Audi, the rubber dries out and you can hear it mesh
EddieGTA

Quote:
The only real niggle I have, and no we love the Selespeed bit, is the firm ride over rough roads. But there you are, it's more the road surfaces at fault, although the suspension could of been a tadge softer at the expense of a bit of roll, for us pensioner types?:
We have particularly rough roads here, hence I have thought about powerflex but given it a miss. Car was dead quiet after them being changed up until today, when I noticed firstly with the window down in Bristol.

AO Platinum Member

I had that old Turboed' 16v Laniee'(boring I know : ) fitted with solid synthetic bushes, rather than the standard rubber metalastik voided ones, which were ok, but more road noise intruded, so swings and roundabouts I suppose?:
AO Member

Must admit I used silicone lubricant on mine aswell. Has worked so far, but know I'll be getting them changed at some time
AO Platinum Member

The difficult bit is getting the stuff into some of the bushing areas? I use a small mirror, spot lamp, to see where the nozzle is, and then check it's all wet and shiny.: So far as I have said, it seems to have worked fine. Another awkward laborious job, but worth the effort I guess?:
AO Member

Quote:
The difficult bit is getting the stuff into some of the bushing areas? I use a small mirror, spot lamp, to see where the nozzle is, and then check it's all wet and shiny.: So far as I have said, it seems to have worked fine. Another awkward laborious job, but worth the effort I guess?:
I didn't find it that difficult. Are you doing it with the whels off or on? I jacked mine up so the suspension pushed the wheels down giving more space. Gave me enough space to avoid the need the remove the wheels.
EddieGTA

Sorry was tired when I posted. The wishbones are new fitted this week, the car is back like new and had no suspension noise at all. But on driving to bristol I noticed squeaking at the front when I was in town. My road is pretty bad and it is squeaking a good'un now along there

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
question , squeaky , wishbones

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page