Autolusso - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 24 Old 18-02-08 Thread Starter

Autolusso

Hi all, I think I posted this in the wrong section so hopefully now its in the right place - sorry still finding my feet!

I'm 100% into a 159 JTS TI and will be ordering one in a couple of months time, but seem to be having a bit of trouble with dealers. I really want xenon headlights and the bose kit, but no dealer will let me factory order one as the TI spec isn't changeable and not one is willing to retrofit the xenons.

Then, chance google search and I find a company called Autolusso who rang me today, told me anything was possible then proceded really go gunning for a JTDM! To cap it off the price quoted was also ll under a couple of dealers prices that I've had by the tackle.

So, quick question - has anyone dealt with Autolusso and can they deliver, just sounds a little bit too good to be true!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Autolusso

Why don't you ask him as he is on the site....his name is Ned...autolusso is his forum name...

Chris
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

can open, worms everywhere

ned (auto lusso boss) is a member on here and has been very open about his business. i've never dealt with them personally but i think it's fair to say they've had their difficulties in the past but seem to have put most of that behind them. ned has earned a lot of respect on here by having the balls to admit his company's past troubles and put his cards on the table for everyone to see, rather than shy away (although i understand there are still one or two quarrels still going on). personally (having read all the autolusso discussion on here) i would include them in my list of dealers who i'd consider using

- Keepin' it moist -
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

I'd happily buy a car from Autolusso...... and I will.... at some point.
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

2002 GTV T.Spark

Never used Autolusso myself, but will do soon,and will travel to do so.Ned has worked hard and has helped a lot of members on this site and the work is good.I have full respect for the bloke I know this is different from buying a car, but i am sure if Ned says he can, he will
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb159 View Post
So, quick question - has anyone dealt with Autolusso and can they deliver, just sounds a little bit too good to be true!
Did you attempt a search on this subject

Oh and What AA Said !!

Bought both my GT and Sue's 147 TI from them. Great service and very keen prices.

I'll be sourcing my next Alfa from them, too.....

You can pm me if you want any more info etc.
AO Member

Quote:
Hi all, I think I posted this in the wrong section so hopefully now its in the right place - sorry still finding my feet!

I'm 100% into a 159 JTS TI and will be ordering one in a couple of months time, but seem to be having a bit of trouble with dealers. I really want xenon headlights and the bose kit, but no dealer will let me factory order one as the TI spec isn't changeable and not one is willing to retrofit the xenons.
You should be able to order whatever you want on the my08 cars as it is now part of the regular lineup. ask your dealer
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire

Hi Caleb

You must have talked to Micheal here, he would have talked to you about a 2.4 JTD over 2.2 JTS because we sell way more diesel Alfa’s than petrol Alfa’s. The reason is that the diesel is more powerful, more economical and has a far better residual value.

In fact I think we have only sold one 2.2 JTS, I did try and talk the guy round but he was have none of it so we got him what he wanted. When I order 159’s for stock I only order the 2.4 JTD.

I know not everyone on this site will agree with me on this but that is how we chose to go to market and it is well proven from a sales perspective.

As for us, we can supply, my concern at the moment is with the current factory closure no one can guarantee a delivery date as there must be large back log of orders.

You are welcome to come down and see what we are about etc.

By the way hello & welcome to AO

Ned
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

I'd buy from Autolusso and respect Ned for what he's gone through and done on this forum

We'll be using AL for our Q2 upgrade too

However, he's talking cobblers on the 2.4 Diesel versus the 2.2 JTS Petrol issue though
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post

However, he's talking cobblers on the 2.4 Diesel versus the 2.2 JTS Petrol issue though
I knew you would say that

Ned
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

SR's talking cobblers on the 2.4 Diesel versus the 2.2 JTS Petrol issue though

And Ned probably knew I would say that too
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol

and you all knew I'd say that

Voo
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

GT

Judge Dredd in the house ???
dnf
AO Member

Member car:

various

the originol ti was a special edition, it now forms part of the 159 line up
so you can order one with whatever options you want,if you were to order one today it would be expected delivery in late April/early may.

only once got involved with the reto fitting of headlights and it was not cost effective as the cost for the individual parts is far greater than have them fitted at the factory,add to that that the wiring loom is different and you may have to change the body computer i think its nearly impossible to do,thats not to say it cant be done,
but its not as straight forward as you may think.
hth
AO Member

Member car:

Mito QFV 170

I went there a little while ago and found the people at Autolusso to be very straight forward, I was explained how they operate and i felt comfortable with that.

The only problem was that they did not have in stock the car I wanted otherwise I might have done a deal.

Nino
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Dealership

County: North Yorkshire

Quote:

Then, chance google search and I find a company called Autolusso who rang me today, told me anything was possible then proceded really go gunning for a JTDM! To cap it off the price quoted was also ll under a couple of dealers prices that I've had by the tackle.

Just to let you know that the options you want are available on the Ti as a factory order. An order placed now would be for delivery in approx 12 weeks.

David
(Post Link) post #18 of 24 Old 19-02-08 Thread Starter

well thanks guys for all the replies. Yes Ned it was Michael I spoke to, Mr "JTS? naahhhhhhh you want a diesel!"

Well today I have test driven both. Head says diesel, heart says JTS. All the arguments for diesel arn't really a concern when trading from something doing about 18mpg average!

I must say, considering it was only yesterday lunchtime that I was speaking to Michael when I got home tonight there was an envelope full of autolusso stuff waiting for me. If only all Alfa dealers were that efficient. Still can't get over these prices, £4k below UK list. See what I mean about it looking a bit too good to be true?

Still, after a lot of searching on the whole it seems positive so it looks like I'll be going with Autolusso. All I need to do now is rearrange my diary to put me in the area in the not to distant future and we're there. Thanks for all your help and comments guys, appreciated.
AO Silver Member

Result
dnf
AO Member

Member car:

various

Quote:
well thanks guys for all the replies. Yes Ned it was Michael I spoke to, Mr "JTS? naahhhhhhh you want a diesel!"

Well today I have test driven both. Head says diesel, heart says JTS. All the arguments for diesel arn't really a concern when trading from something doing about 18mpg average!

I must say, considering it was only yesterday lunchtime that I was speaking to Michael when I got home tonight there was an envelope full of autolusso stuff waiting for me. If only all Alfa dealers were that efficient. Still can't get over these prices, £4k below UK list. See what I mean about it looking a bit too good to be true?

Still, after a lot of searching on the whole it seems positive so it looks like I'll be going with Autolusso. All I need to do now is rearrange my diary to put me in the area in the not to distant future and we're there. Thanks for all your help and comments guys, appreciated.
what did you decide about the head lights?
(Post Link) post #21 of 24 Old 19-02-08 Thread Starter

the xenons that I wanted
AO Member

County: Greater London

Here's a simple one.

I've had to cancel my order with Auto Lusso for a black 3.2l 159TI with virtually every extra, including xenons, Bose and god knows what else. I can't wait for it any longer as have a baby growing too fast to accommodate my 147 GTA any longer. Am getting a new 166 instead.

Ned - I've tried PM'ing you as well to get you to call me back to properly discuss this. Pretty please.

Mate - I'd order from Auto Lusso again (it's not their fault the car's been so badly delayed). If I could, I'd have the one I ordered. If it's true AL can't cancel it, I'm sure they'd only be too happy to sell that one to you than order a new one.

A plan?

Chihuahua
jug
AO Silver Member

County: Durham

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahua View Post
If I could, I'd have the one I ordered. If it's true AL can't cancel it, I'm sure they'd only be too happy to sell that one to you than order a new one.
trying to save your deposit?
good luck with that.
AO Member

County: Greater London

Yep - thanks for that Jug!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
autolusso

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page