Bye bye 159... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-02-08 Thread Starter

Bye bye 159...

Well after 3 months and 12000 miles, my 159 1.9 Lusso will be seen for sale at an Alfa dealer near you soon

Do to the factory being closed, I couldn't have another 159, I had to have a GT Coupe 'Blackline', what a bummer eh?

First thoughts, well it's nowhere near as well screwed together. And the quality of the plastics and the like are of a much lower grade.... However, my word, it drives like the 159 should! It feels sooo much more responsive, and is eager to turn in to the corners. The fuel economy (it's a 1.9 jtd again) has already passed the 159's record, and I've only done 600 miles since Tuesday evening when I picked it up! I think I'm going to enjoy having this one, best get my order in for its replacement quickly before the factory opens

I was having a chat with my local dealer on Wednesday (coin holder is broken already ), and we were talking about the quality of the new cars. I said that you should compare the 156/159 as a bench mark. From what I've found so far, the GT is lacking by some margin against the 159, so if Alfa continue the way they are, the future looks bright

Anyway, enough rambling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Staffordshire
I'm joining the bye-bye 159 club this week.

My 1.9JtdM Lusso has turned 102,000 reliable miles and been a joy. I would have kept it for another couple of years to 150,000 miles, but I needed a bigger estate to carry my race car bits and bobs.

At 102,000 miles it feels as well screwed together as my last car (530d) did, and has been much more reliable than my previous A4 1.9.

No electrical glitches, no trim rattles - it has been impressive. It's had a couple of creaks up front recently, one of which was cured with a reconditioned driveshaft, and the other one has hints of being the creaky steering rack (although it hasn't got any worse in the last 20,000 miles so I'm living with it....). Water pumps and tensioners can be a bit weak, so mine were replaced at 48,000 and 98,000 miles, along with the cambelt. Apart from that, it was all routine servicing.

I post this for two reasons, one as a tribute to 159 solidity and one as a cheap plug for the cheapest 159 on sale at the moment. If you want an honest car, with a creak! (that has been factored into the price) let me know as it is auctioned this week before I throw it in for p/x instead.

I'd love the car to go to a fellow enthusiast. As you can see from the ebay advert, I've been upfront about my creaks!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
159 , bye

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page