Just popping out for a drive - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 15-02-08 Thread Starter
Status: Ich habe entscheiden.
AO Gold Member
 
filipharvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 7,207

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

Just popping out for a drive

I've just had a massive urge upon me to go for a drive. Don't know where, or for how long, but I'm off now....

Back later!
filipharvey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
EddieGTA
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Just popping out for a drive

I don't use my car for commuting, it is left all week all alone at home and only gets driven at the weekend. Yet somehow I still get through a tank of fuel in a fortnight

Leaving early tonight, to go home and drive to Romford and pick up a TV. Only an alfa V6 could make that an exciting propostion and something to look forward to
 
MPH
Status: Slumming it
AO Silver Member
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tokelau
County: Nukunonu
Posts: 5,551
Re: Just popping out for a drive

Bye Philip.

Hope the fri afternoon traffic don't bite
MPH is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Alfie GTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Wiltshire
Posts: 2,275

Member car:

2002 GTV T.Spark

Re: Just popping out for a drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipharvey View Post
I've just had a massive urge upon me to go for a drive. Don't know where, or for how long, but I'm off now....

Back later!
Have a nice drive and report back later
Alfie GTV is offline  
jug
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
jug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Durham
Posts: 3,681
Re: Just popping out for a drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
Leaving early tonight, to go home and drive to Romford and pick up a TV. Only an alfa V6 could make that an exciting propostion and something to look forward to
have you tried to fit a tv in the 156 boot before? a 32" flatscreen only just fit in my boot.
jug is offline  
EddieGTA
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Just popping out for a drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jug View Post
have you tried to fit a tv in the 156 boot before? a 32" flatscreen only just fit in my boot.
Wasn't even going to attempt the boot, back seat will do. Not that it matters, as an early finish has turned into yet another late finish
 
Status: V8, baby. V8
AO Silver Member
 
Commanderfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW London
Posts: 5,559
Re: Just popping out for a drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA View Post
I don't use my car for commuting, it is left all week all alone at home and only gets driven at the weekend. Yet somehow I still get through a tank of fuel in a fortnight

Leaving early tonight, to go home and drive to Romford and pick up a TV. Only an alfa V6 could make that an exciting propostion and something to look forward to
Correction. Only an Alfa could do that! Trust me, it doesn't have to be a V6 as long as it's an Alfa
Commanderfish is offline  
EddieGTA
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Just popping out for a drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderfish View Post
Correction. Only an Alfa could do that! Trust me, it doesn't have to be a V6 as long as it's an Alfa
Actually any Italian car come to think of it
 
Status: -
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,604
Re: Just popping out for a drive

Have a nice drive...hope you packed some cool driving tunes
wobblyspoon is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 12 Old 15-02-08 Thread Starter
Status: Ich habe entscheiden.
AO Gold Member
 
filipharvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Norfolk
Posts: 7,207

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

Re: Just popping out for a drive

Yes I did, mainly Twin Spark by Alfa Romeo!

As for Friday afternoon traffic, I maybe saw 10 cars in the 2 hours I was driving!

I very much doubt I went more than a 20 mile radius from my house but half of my trip was on roads that I've never driven on. Strange that, I've lived in this area the whole time since I passed my test.
Great drive though, long straights followed by long windy bits with no hedges to get in my view as to slow me down on the predominently single track roads.

As I said earlier, I had no idea where I was going, but I'm really glad I did!
filipharvey is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
fredzedex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 2,062
Re: Just popping out for a drive

i've never owned a car that i've enjoyed driving so much as our 147,any journey will do
fredzedex is offline  
Status: i don't use fuelly
AO Platinum Member
 
nigelread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 22,305
Re: Just popping out for a drive

Only drive my 159 at weekends I just can't wait for weekends to come around
nigelread is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
drive , popping

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome