Road to Nowhere - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 13-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

GTV V6

Road to Nowhere

Over the last few weeks, usually on a week night, I've taken my GTV out for a spin down some (relativley) empty country roads, letting the engine warm up nicely and giving it a good thrashing using all the revs to make progress. Lets out a bit of stress after a hard day in the office. Does anyone else "just go for a drive"?

I think it's probably good for the car as usually I do 10 mile journeys up to my girlfriends house a few times a week, and I'm sure the car doesn't feel warmed up unless you drive it further than 10 miles or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Darren156

Re: Road to Nowhere

Hey Rob,

I do exactly the same thing on a Friday and Saturday night in my Coupe mate.

During the week I have to drive fairly respectively to work and back, and can't really thrash the car as it doesn't have a chance to warm up.

So, on the weekends at around 11PM or so I take the old girl down the local 12 mile stretch of ringroad near me and let her warm up for a while before letting her loose on the other 'racers' out and about at that time,

It's good to just go out and 'drive' every now and again, the 150 miles I do during the week are pretty tame so you gotta let the car breath once and a while anyway.

cul

You need to get a life Darren
A few beers with the boys is what you need on the weekend.
I must admit to a good hard drive (think what you might!) on some week nights though on my fave road.
Graham P

I'm in the lucky position where I have to drive from Nottingham to Mansfield three or four times a week...so I take the back way but sometimes if I'm bored I go for a razz at lunchtime etc. Tend to find myself doing it more when I had the GTV though

HSTDriver

All the decent thrashing roads round here are full of idiots and/or speed cameras now, and every other road is bumper to bumper traffic half the time.

If i could get into work my shifts with public transport all the time (instead of the current 75-80% of the time) then I'd give serious thought to not having a car at all, it's just not particularly enjoyable to drive round here anymore.

AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

2002 GTV T.Spark

Often go for a spin on the country roads.Usually around Avebury Marlborough and then Pewsey and back through Savernake forest i'ts a fantastic drive, Great corners some fast and some EEK!!

Last edited by Alfie GTV; 15-03-09 at 15:50.
cul

Some of the roads in mid Wales are awesome, highly recommended
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 17-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

GTV V6

The Bridgnorth road from Stourbridge to, er, Bridgnorth is one of my favouites round here, there are some great sweeping bends in places where you can really pull some great g-forces through them, nice long straights, and a few tighter slower corners. I drove down it at some silly time in the morning a few weeks back, didn't come accross a single other car!
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

I do that sometime (I think we had a poll on this recently) but not so much now as free time is in very short supply.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
road

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page