Spoiler fitted - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 27 Old 03-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 Veloce

Spoiler fitted

Hi guys, a while ago i mentioned i had a high level wing to fit.

Finally finsihed fiberglassing, prepping and priming it two weeks ago. Sent it for paint (Grange Moor Coachworks) and its a perfect match. The fiberglassing was done to get the sides sat flush where they overlap, usually there is a gap there. A small thing but its all in the details!

So here it is all fitted and looking fresh!

(im not sure how to post up on here but heres a link)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6092/dsc0219yw1.jpg

Next im going to look into a remap for it pending funds and what gains are being offered.

On a side note, anyone got a "V6 mod" pipe floating about for sale?

Sam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AlfaLincs

Re: Spoiler fitted

Ok now you can take the Alfa Romeo badges off to save us all from embarassment...I have some nice Nissan ones you can have instead

On saturday I was filling up my 'other car' and a silver 156 2.5 rolled up with lexus type rear lights and one of those silly front grille inserts. It just said 'cheap and nasty' to me.

You can't improve perfection.

AlfaLincs

Last edited by AlfaLincs; 04-02-08 at 06:35.

AO Silver Member

County: Lake District
Garage

Looks a nice tidy car to me
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire

It looks similar to mine, except mine is only a 2 litre and I have GTV wheels.
Don't let anyone tell you they don't like the big spoiler, opinion is about 50-50. At least its a genuine Alfa accessory, thats what I say.

Just don't get the lexus lights..
(Post Link) post #5 of 27 Old 04-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 Veloce

Haha, don't be daft Alfalincs i'm not into all that glitzy stick on rubbish; I do help build racing alfas and have a tad of sense about me!

Like you say Symon its a genuine Alfa part so i can't see a problem, nor how i "can't improve on perfection" when im adding parts Alfa offered themselves!

Thats it as far as altering the appearences go anyway, its just how i want it.
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Are you sure it's on the right way round? Looks a little odd.
(Post Link) post #7 of 27 Old 04-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 Veloce

What would you prefer it to be on the bonnet? Or upside down haha! how can it possibly be on the wrong way
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by symonh2000 View Post
It looks similar to mine, except mine is only a 2 litre and I have GTV wheels.
Don't let anyone tell you they don't like the big spoiler, opinion is about 50-50. At least its a genuine Alfa accessory, thats what I say.

Just don't get the lexus lights..
Yeh personally i think it looks great i had the same on my 156 it finishes the car off well
AO Silver Member

im self censoring myself with this one(ive been told off in the past for my wording when expressing my views on spoilers in general)

in short i dont like them. at all. especially on a car as beautiful as the 156.

spoilers should be left for the max power brigade and their 'unique' Saxo's

but each to their own
HSTDriver

The high wing looks ace, with the side skirts, it just finishes the job off properly.

156 with no skirts and no wing? Might as well drive a Vectra.

(Post Link) post #11 of 27 Old 04-02-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
im self censoring myself with this one(ive been told off in the past for my wording when expressing my views on spoilers in general)

in short i dont like them. at all. especially on a car as beautiful as the 156.

spoilers should be left for the max power brigade and their 'unique' Saxo's

but each to their own
Yeah its fair enough that some people like them and some people don't. Of course thats the case with most things in life.

But i think to tar the high level Alfa wing with the same brush as the terrible aluminium and faux carbon monstrousities found on the cars of undesirables is ever so slightly harsh. It is after all a part offered by Alfa themselves, not some cheap and nasty effort knocked up to be a generic fit to anything and nothing.

I personally love the 156 with and without the wing, right now for this car i like the side profile the wing has given it.

You have your views, i have mine, it would be boring if we all though the same, but Max Power brigade i truly think not.

Sam.
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
The high wing looks ace, with the side skirts, it just finishes the job off properly.

156 with no skirts and no wing? Might as well drive a Vectra.
So a 156 with no skirts and wing looks like a Vectra does it? Hmmm, interesting.

Wrong, but interesting.

Come on, the big wing turns a beautiful, flowing aerodynamic original design into a chavmobile.
AO Platinum Member

I'm not that keen on the big wing myself, but its your car so the important thing is you're happy with it
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

Member car:

2002 GTV T.Spark

I'm not too keen on it in the pic, but i have seen a few on the road and they look good.
AO Silver Member

Nice job with the matching and fitting! Looks perfect. Personally wings/spoilers aren't my thing though. I do think Alfa do a wonderful styling job on all their cars (well I'm not sure about the vagina nose on the original 147s but apart from that)!
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderfish View Post
I do think Alfa do a wonderful styling job on all their cars (well I'm not sure about the vagina nose on the original 147s .....)!
And the old 166 nose

And the old 156 grille (IMHO)

And yes, I've owned and loved both.
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

156 2.5 v6

I love the big wing.

With it I think it looks sportier,

without it It looks posher.
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Cup No.127

Normally I'm not a big fan of big spoilers, but I do think the 156 looks good with it, and some subtle skirts. It also looks good without it. They look like two different cars, both gorgeous.
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

I'm not a fan of the big wing and my 156 was spoilerless and the better for it IMHO.

I wasn't a fan of the spoiler on the v6 GTV but now I own one, I've got used to it to the point that when I see a twinny GTV without one it somehow seems a little naked.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
I wasn't a fan of the spoiler on the v6 GTV but now I own one, I've got used to it to the point that when I see a twinny GTV without one it somehow seems a little naked.
Thats how I feel about the BFOW. I have grown to love it!
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarlisle View Post
So a 156 with no skirts and wing looks like a Vectra does it? Hmmm, interesting.

Wrong, but interesting.
No, I said you might as well drive a vectra, a subtle difference that you must have missed.

Without the wing and skirts (IMO) the 156 blends pretty seamlessly into the crowd of mid sized saloons. No heads turn, no second glances, nothing to set it apart from the endless stream of rep-mobiles.

If that's your bag then knock yourself out, but I bought a stylish Italian car because I wanted it to attract the attention, I wanted those second glances.

I'm not into blending in with everyone else.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
No, I said you might as well drive a vectra, a subtle difference that you must have missed.

Without the wing and skirts (IMO) the 156 blends pretty seamlessly into the crowd of mid sized saloons. No heads turn, no second glances, nothing to set it apart from the endless stream of rep-mobiles.

If that's your bag then knock yourself out, but I bought a stylish Italian car because I wanted it to attract the attention, I wanted those second glances.

I've got to say I've had a lot more attention in the V6 (skirts, BFOW, loud exhaust, 17" Teles and as low as you can get) than I got in the JTD (skirts, 16"s, thats it!).. Its quite a good feeling. Got a thumbs up from a taxi man after a blast through Leeds city centre tunnels
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Quote:

But (IMO), it's stylish UNTIL you put a wing on it, then the wing renders it unstylish. Each to their own, but I'm afraid I just associate big wings that don't actually do anything with the Max Power neds. I could just as easily say that if you drive a 156 WITH a wing, you may as well drive a chavved-up Corsa. ;-)

Do you really thing the 156 is still a head-turner? It's certainly good looking, but it's eleven years old and there are loads of them out there. Not as ubiquitous as a 3-Series, I'll grant you, but still hardly rare. I love mine, but I wouldn't expect people to gasp as I waft by...
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarlisle View Post
But (IMO), it's stylish UNTIL you put a wing on it, then the wing renders it unstylish. Each to their own, but I'm afraid I just associate big wings that don't actually do anything with the Max Power neds. I could just as easily say that if you drive a 156 WITH a wing, you may as well drive a chavved-up Corsa. ;-)

Do you really thing the 156 is still a head-turner? It's certainly good looking, but it's eleven years old and there are loads of them out there. Not as ubiquitous as a 3-Series, I'll grant you, but still hardly rare. I love mine, but I wouldn't expect people to gasp as I waft by...
It does turn heads. With the wing and skirts

AO Member

Member car:

156 2.0TS Veloce

Quote:
It does turn heads. With the wing and skirts
Well I guess it's a matter of opinion. You like the big wing and I don't. Each to their own and fair enough. So long as it makes you enjoy your car, that's fine with me.

(You're wrong though)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
fitted , spoiler

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page