new, soon to be owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 03-02-08 Thread Starter

new, soon to be owner

Alfa Romeo : alfa romeo 156 selespeed
I'm totally new to this, but owners from my old forum seem to be leaving and turning up in alfas, well, i'm on the band wagon.
the car above is one i've been looking at for a while, finally going to see it today, however it mot has expired, is there any thing i should be paying particular attention to, tell me everything. tell me how you think the car looks, kindest regards, Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: herts
Re: new, soon to be owner

Thought I had replied to this. Hi! and welcome, check her out with an eagle eye, and a keen listening ear, at that mileage, to avoid disappointment? I'm sure you will. Good Luck.:
AO Platinum Member

Thought I had! Double post? Not to worry.
(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 03-02-08 Thread Starter

sorry about the double post, can you give me some advice on the selespeed gear box and how it works, benifits, problems etc
AO Platinum Member

If you care to do a search, there are a comprehensive collection of PDF's by Paul Denyer, which start at the basic overall view of the system, and then proceed much deeper. Someone here knows how to access his stuff, but you could try Selespeed, or Paul Denyer in a search box.?:
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 03-02-08 Thread Starter

been to see the car, well what can i say, WOW. that selespeed box is gonna take some getting used to mind. not having a clutch, or use for a left foot, i kept putting it on the brake, and treat it like a clutch, hence stopping on a dime. the car sounds great and is real responsive. not sure of that city mode yet. the car had very little water residue under the oil cap, probably due to condensation (stood for a few months). i'm gonna get my friend to give it one last going over (he has a keener eye than me for alfas) before putting it in for mot next week. the owner reckons it only needs a ball joint, but over speed bumps, it seemed majority of the suspension seemed to squeek, again hopefully just due to being stood for a while. i'm sure you's all know him though, he said he owned the first ever 156 in the country, yes the one on the front of the aftercare hand book. i am well chuffed. watch this space folks
TNM

thats been up on piston heads for some time now hasnt it?
AO Platinum Member

Proceed with care: Don't let your enthusiasm cloud your judgement.: If you get a cared for Sele' they can be really enjoyable to drive. We were fortunate, ours had only done 7,000 from new, and still has only 12,000 or so on her odometer now! Crazy Huh? Good Luck!:

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
owner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page