Lovely New Alfas - 159, GT and 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

Ferryman_1957

Lovely New Alfas - 159, GT and 147

Was in my local dealer today getting an anti-corrosion check done and I had a good look over the 159 ti, GT Blackline and 147 Collezione in their showroom. I have to say they are all great looking cars. The 159 looks superb IMO, I really don't see why there are so many "negative" views on it. It's more muscular than the 156 (which I still prefer) but it certainly has some great angles, looks different and certainly beats the current crop of exec saloons. The ti spec looks great and the interior is really nice - the only prpoblem was they had roof bars on it! Their sales people really can't have any idea The GT looks superb and the Blackline spec really sets it off, and I really liked the 147 in the Collezione guise - very retro and exuding Italian style.

Just made me feel that there is a lot good about Alfa now, and with the direction of the range things will probably be getting even better.

Cheers,

Nigel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Re: Lovely New Alfas - 159, GT and 147

The range (even with the ageing 147 & GT) is impressive. The dealers and public perception less so. Same old story I'm sorry to say but things are slowly improving in some areas
Ferryman_1957

Agree - looking at the at the three boring old Saabs in the same dealer (a Saab/Alfa one), the Alfas all exuded style and brio. The 147 still looks very good, and the Collezione spec looked really nice, definitely different. Must say I was tempted by the 159 ti but think I'll stick with the GTA for a while. Got to love that V6 a bit longer....

Cheers,

Nigel

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferryman_1957 View Post
Agree - looking at the at the three boring old Saabs in the same dealer (a Saab/Alfa one), the Alfas all exuded style and brio. The 147 still looks very good, and the Collezione spec looked really nice, definitely different. Must say I was tempted by the 159 ti but think I'll stick with the GTA for a while. Got to love that V6 a bit longer....

Cheers,

Nigel
If your GTA is in good condition Nigel, my advice would be to love it, cherish it and to hold on to it for as long as possible. Nothing this side of a Maserati comes close to the Alfa 3.2V6 IMHO Lucky we have one in the GT then
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferryman_1957 View Post
Was in my local dealer today getting an anti-corrosion check done and I had a good look over the 159 ti, GT Blackline and 147 Collezione in their showroom. I have to say they are all great looking cars. The 159 looks superb IMO, I really don't see why there are so many "negative" views on it. It's more muscular than the 156 (which I still prefer) but it certainly has some great angles, looks different and certainly beats the current crop of exec saloons. The ti spec looks great and the interior is really nice - the only prpoblem was they had roof bars on it! Their sales people really can't have any idea The GT looks superb and the Blackline spec really sets it off, and I really liked the 147 in the Collezione guise - very retro and exuding Italian style.

Just made me feel that there is a lot good about Alfa now, and with the direction of the range things will probably be getting even better.

Cheers,

Nigel
Thoroughly agree, Alfa have a really interesting alternative offering to mainstream and it is improving year by year. I also think dealer service is starting to improve, although I have to say I never really thought the dealers I dealt with were any worse than the chrome and smoked glass outfits of BMW and Audi. I really think Alfa are starting to turn the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
If your GTA is in good condition Nigel, my advice would be to love it, cherish it and to hold on to it for as long as possible. Nothing this side of a Maserati comes close to the Alfa 3.2V6 IMHO Lucky we have one in the GT then
If I haven't said this before you must have the ideal combo of Alfas, SR.

Not that I'm jealous nor nothin'
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
If I haven't said this before you must have the ideal combo of Alfas, SR.
Good point, Will. All that Simon needs to do now is buy a Spider as a weekend car........
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
Good point, Will. All that Simon needs to do now is buy a Spider as a weekend car........

Thanks Will & Fraser

Trouble is, I have no head hair at all & Clare spends an hour straightening hers so I think a new Spider is out of the question Now and old 70's one may be a different prospect

Quote:
Now their's a funny thing, I ws expecting you to kick and say the 159 should be the Sportwagon and it should be an oilburner!

I'd have that combo in a trice.....
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Now their's a funny thing, I ws expecting you to kick and say the 159 should be the Sportwagon and it should be an oilburner!

I'd have that combo in a trice.....
I don't always go after the bait

Quote:
I don't always go after the bait
And here comes the only double positive to mean a negative...

"Aye, right..."

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
147 , 159 , alfas , lovely

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page