Just wondering!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 28-01-08 Thread Starter
Status: -
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7
Hmmm Just wondering!!

I dont suppose by chance anyone out there has any photos of the Alfa 156 in The Achilies Blue colour aka (Egg shell blue / sky blue)
I have one in this colour and have never seen another one of its kind ..... Just being curious!

Oh and does any one know if the GTA 156 Headlamp unit would fit a 156 T Reg t-spark?

ta!
MissAlfa_156 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Roswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Durham
Posts: 33,640
Re: Just wondering!!

156s in that colour are rare for a reason!

The GTA headlamp would be a straight swap.
Roswell is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 18 Old 29-01-08 Thread Starter
Status: -
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7
Re: Just wondering!!

Really?? Oh thats great news... The headlamp replacement i mean. I like the GTA headlamp better than the standard 156 t-spark version for that model. It looks so much better!
MissAlfa_156 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Roswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Durham
Posts: 33,640
Re: Just wondering!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlfa_156 View Post
Really?? Oh that's great news... The headlamp replacement i mean. I like the GTA headlamp better than the standard 156 t-spark version for that model. It looks so much better!
They're exactly the same shape. The only difference is internal (which you seem to be aware of).
Roswell is offline  
Status: Busy busy busy!
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Pud237's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 71
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cumbria
Posts: 44,875
Re: Just wondering!!

As long as the GTA lamp isn't a Xenon-equipped one, because that wouldn't plug into your wiring loom. It has to be a normal halogen bulb-taking headlamp..

Welcome to the forum
Pud237 is offline  
Status: zzzzzzzz
AO Platinum Member
 
symon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Oxfordshire
Posts: 37,072
Re: Just wondering!!

I saw a Armitage Shanks blue 156 in Swindon the other day.. Lets just say it wouldn't be my first choice of colour.
symon is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Big Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Antrim
Posts: 2,994
Re: Just wondering!!

When I bought my first 156 back in '98 the day I collected my car there was another 156 waiting to be picked up in that blue colour. It was a standard car, so had 15" steel wheels with wheel trims but the owner had specced tan leather. To be polite about it, it wouldn't have been my choice of specification.

However this car is still around as I seen it recently at the dealers in for servicing. It was in immaculate condition considering it's a 9 year old car.
Big Jon is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Growler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Inverness
Posts: 32
Re: Just wondering!!

I saw a 156 in this blue on a driveway in Nairn, just along the coast from Inverness last month. Personally I don't think the colour suits the car, but if we all liked the same things life would be boring.
Growler is offline  
Status: Waiting for the men in white coats.....
AO Member
 
GTA_Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Antrim
Posts: 926
Re: Just wondering!!

There is at least one that colour for sale on Pistonheads
GTA_Dave is offline  
Status: Farewell and thanks GTV.
AO Member
 
Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Posts: 691
Re: Just wondering!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
I saw a 156 in this blue on a driveway in Nairn, just along the coast from Inverness last month. Personally I don't think the colour suits the car, but if we all liked the same things life would be boring.
The more obscure colours do seem to have an attraction for some out there. I am not ashamed to admit that I have long harboured a desire for a phase 1 spider in that metallic snot colour... though I think I am probably alone on that one! ( At least it won't turn pink - so there! )
Junior is online now  
jug
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
jug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Durham
Posts: 3,681
jug is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Big Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Antrim
Posts: 2,994
Re: Just wondering!!


Are the original press/brochure pics not of the Nuvola Blue?
Big Jon is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Ben_NZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 1,468
Moaning Re: Just wondering!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jug View Post
there are worse colours out there than the light blue...
No there aren't, because we're not talking about the blue in your pictures. The 156 came in many shades of blue but Achille Blue is the one nobody bought, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. Infact I think there are more (unsold ) model 156s in that colour than there are real ones.
Ben_NZ is offline  
(Post Link) post #14 of 18 Old 02-02-08 Thread Starter
Status: -
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7
Re: Just wondering!!

Hi Jug thanks for the piccies - however.... i'm not sure they are the same colour as mine.And Ben is right - it was the colour that no one bought cause they didnt like it! hence the reason why shortly after - the colour was dicscontinued... but i like it and nothing s ever normal in my world! lol
MissAlfa_156 is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 1,563

Member car:

Alfa GT

Re: Just wondering!!

I think MissAlfa_156 is the much more pastel'ly blue.

One of the first 156's I looked at, with the big spoiler, not quite to my taste tho.
V6Alfisti is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
dunk4230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 83

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0ts

Re: Just wondering!!

CP cars in Dundee (Alfa Specialist) has one in his garage
dunk4230 is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Ben_NZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 1,468
Re: Just wondering!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlfa_156 View Post
- it was the colour that no one bought cause they didnt like it!
Oh, was that why? Well, if you say so!
Ben_NZ is offline  
Status: Retired
AO Gold Member
 
alfaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 6,451

Member car:

6C 2500

Re: Just wondering!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jug View Post
there are worse colours out there than the light blue, such as red or light metallic green, or the worse colour of all brown



I booked my car in for a service last week, and I noticed the guys there had an Achile Blue 156 in for breaking....'tis a rare colour to be sure.
alfaholic is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
wondering

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome