back in the Alfa fold?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 24-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Longford
back in the Alfa fold??

well having sold my 164 last year, & moved jobs i'm considering selling my Mondeo & getting me a 147.

The Mondeo is a great car for long trips, & when i was commuting 133km to work each day it made great sence, but now i travel less than 30km to work its probably not worth the repayments.

But ladies & gents, what do i look for on a 147? I'm looking around at the moment & theres alot of 2002-2003 147 for between 7000-8000, which i would think is silly little money for such a smashing car! & for that sort of money on repayments alone i could be saving 140/month!

Any advice/help is much appreciated.

146, 147, 156, 164, 166, GTV - This is becoming a bit obsessive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Graham P

Re: back in the Alfa fold??

...I've had two 147's so far and they are great little cars for the money. Possibly the best you can get hatchback wise...certainly in looks. Go for the 2.0 litre petrol over the 1.6 but I've heard the diesel engine isn't bad if you like that sort of thing ;o)

Just make sure it has FSH and has had the cambelt changed at 36k...that is essential as you probably know. Other than that I have had no issues with mine at all (touch wood). The one I currently have I had to get the alloys refurbished as they were pretty badliy pitted so watch out for that. Leather interior is a must and get one with connect + if you can. My first 147 had that and I do miss the convenience of it. I have to keep borrowing my wifes Navman

Happy hunting!

(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 27-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Longford
Re: back in the Alfa fold??

well went shopping for a used 147 on saturday, found a 03 Lusso 5dr, eur8995, 39000 miles & all the belts done, smashing little car, sadly they weren't interested in taking the Mondeo, so whilst i loved the car i gotta sell the Mondeo before i can consider getting it, bummer!!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa , back , fold

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page