Alfa 146 2.0 ti fuel economy - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 15-01-08 Thread Starter

Alfa 146 2.0 ti fuel economy

Just a quickie.

I've seen a 146 locally.
I'm sure you guys must know this as I can't find any specs on the fuel economy for a 146. Parkers only list the 147, but is the 156 2.0l the same lump?

Thought I'd link the car itself too, please take a look and tell me your opinions...
Auto Trader Dealer Pages - Stanground Autos

F.S.H. on it.
Seems a bit overpriced to me, what do you think?

Ta Muchly

Gary

Hope this is okay in this section. (if not, I'm sure a friendly mod will point it out! )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Damien_C

Re: Alfa 146 2.0 ti fuel economy

That is cheap and nice

Rosso145

That is a very nice looking machine - unmolested and in nice condition, judging by the pictures.

Good clean well looked after examples are getting hard to come by now and I don't think £1999 is that savage an asking price. If you're seriously interesed, the lure of hard cash usually gets the calculator out of Arthur Daley's pocket.

As for economy, look towards the low 20's at best and yes, the 2.0 TS engine is the same as the 156's which latterly changed to the 165bhp JTS in the last run before the 159.

You know you want it but things to look out for;

1. Clattering variator at start up, not dire but sounds horrible

2. Cambelt change is a must every 3 yrs or 36k - if it hasn't been done, budget for £300 upwards.

3. There shold be 2x remote keys and 1 burgundy master key. The master is a must. If it's not there - negotiate.

4. Rear wash-wipe motors are very prone to failure and are about £80 to replace new. Hard to source from a breaker.

5. Tickover is notorious for being erratic and can be very time consuming and pricey to fix.

6. Of course FSH is preferable and check for a plug change at 60k - a set of 8 plugs is around £65.

7. Check the relays and wiring under the little black cover in front of the battery - if they look frayed and mildewed it will all need replacing - about £80 or DIY if you're confident.

I think that's the main points....

Oh, check very carefully in the passenger footwell for leaks, drainage holes and sunroof always leak.......

Hope this hasnt put you off and by the way; they're absolute flyers!

AO Silver Member

Great looking car, not a bad price fuel economy 25-35 dependent on driving style and roads.
from memeory 0-60 8.2 and on to 134 mph. not bad really.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 16-01-08 Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments guys.
Yeah she looks pretty good to me too, nice and clean, no mods or extras added.
I'll certainly take your advice Rosso, there's plenty to look for and the fuel economy was pretty much what I thought it may be chris. Not bad 8.2 to 60 and 130+ top end. Then again, you don't buy an Alfa to be green or practical do you!

But I think I may have tortured myself, I won't be looking to buy a car for at least 4 weeks yet and I can't see that still being there by then .If it is, then it will be cold hard cash, so I may get a deal.
Well we will just have to see.

Thanks again all

Gary

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
146 , alfa , economy , fuel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page