How much for my alfa 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 13-01-08 Thread Starter

How much for my alfa 147

Hi guys you might of heard this a million times but i was thinking of getting rid of my car but not sure what its worth its a 2002 (52) alfa 147 1.6 t spark lusso with no leather it has privacy film on the glass and it has done 59,000 with a full service history its also got the 6 cd changer as standard

What you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Durham
Re: How much for my alfa 147

Find out at Parker's
(Post Link) post #3 of 11 Old 13-01-08 Thread Starter

cheers roswell will do now does it cost?
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire

It will depend on colour and spec, I keep an eye on prices and if yours is in good condition for the age you could be looking at anything between 3,750 to 4,500, colour also seems to be a deciding factor, check autotrader nationally to see what is for sale that matches your car.
(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 14-01-08 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
It will depend on colour and spec, I keep an eye on prices and if yours is in good condition for the age you could be looking at anything between 3,750 to 4,500, colour also seems to be a deciding factor, check autotrader nationally to see what is for sale that matches your car.
the colour of the car is gabbiano blue and yeah its good what you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
you could be looking at anything between 3,750 to 4,500
No chance of £4,500. You can get an immaculate one owner, leather, 50k 2.0TS Lusso for that sort of money.

As for the 1.6, I'd say about £3,500 if it's in immaculate condition and has the better looking 16" sport alloys. Otherwise closer to £3,000, particularly if it has 'privacy' glass or is 'chavved up' in any way. Any buyer who knows their Alfas will know that they're going to have to budgeting for another £500 or so within the next year due to the cambelt and spark plug service, so I can't see anyone paying anything remotely close to £4,000 for this. Gab blue also doesn't tend to sell as well (not sure why) compared to the more popular red, silver, black, blue.
Rosso145

Ironically, mine was Gabbiano Blue (1.6 Lusso) and it sold the first day it hit the Autotrader.

To be faid it had leather and sport alloys though.

£3750 should do it - but I totally agree about any form of "modifying" as I personally wouldn't touch anything that had been "tampered" with.

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessauer View Post
No chance of £4,500.
Do a search for black 147s of that age with low mileage, even lusso spec with no leather still gets up to 5K, yes there are a lot of 'cheap' ones about but they are generally **** heaps, I know this because I have met people who have scoured the country looking for clean 147s and they say you pay a premium for a good one.

No chance of £4,500 for the car described in the original post. None. Nada. No one remotely sensible will bite at that price.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessauer View Post
No chance of £4,500 for the car described in the original post. None. Nada. No one remotely sensible will bite at that price.
Like I said, the ones at the cheaper end will be in bad condition, ones in good nick command a higher price.

I think a discerning well researched buyer would spend a little more on a sorted car than something that has missing history and abuse, wouldn't you? Is that not sensible?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (58.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (49.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (63.9 KB, 5 views)

The cheaper ones don't have to be in bad condition at all. I saw several otherwise immaculate cars at low prices that just needed your classic 'Alfa Romeo' work needing doing on it (eg. cambelt / variator, bushes, selector plate etc) but the cost of which had scared the owners who had been using franchised dealers. When I bought my 1.6TS Lusso last year, I must have seen about 8-10 cars in the metal (that's how picky I was) over a period of about 3-4 months (I'm patient), as well as countless ads, auctions and telephone conversations with private sellers and dealers. If a seller told me over the telephone that the car didn't have a FASH, I'd politely thank him and move on.

I met a seller with a superb example of a 60,000 mile 2.0TS for £3,750, private sale, owner from new, leather, FAFSH etc where the seller had been brought to tears by dealer costs of fixing classic Alfa faults which would have been relatively simple to remedy through an indie. The 'final straw' had been him spending £350 on discs/pads which had resulted in the VDC error light constantly coming on as a result. The best deals were to be had from respectable private sellers rather than sellers.

Some of the funniest encounters were with people who had overpriced their cars or dealers who insisted they weren't prepared to drop by the price but then dropped it by £1,000 a month later when there were no takers.

There were several independent dealers like the ones you've linked to that didn't understand Alfas, that refused to believe anything about 36k cambelt changes, that cambelt/variator services would cost more than £150 and that a set of spark plugs should cost £90. According to them wishbones, bushes, balljoints, cambelts etc wouldn't need replacing until 100,000 miles.

The cars you've linked to show the 'windscreen prices'. Those dealers won't actually sell those cars for those prices. £4,500 for a 60k 1.6 2001 Turismo? They put a windscreen price on the car way above what its worth, and then if no one bites, they reduce it by £500 two weeks later, then by another £500 and so on because they bought those cars for about £3,000 through auction or trade in. Car dealers aren't generally mugs but there are several small dealers where the penny had to eventually drop in relation to their windscreen price, particularly when they are no takers or potential buyers are coming up to them asking for £500 or 1,000 off. And no dealer will want to be hanging onto a car that's taking up forecourt space that isn't selling. One of the dealers that I visited but didn't buy from eventually admitted that he had overpaid and had to sell at the break even price just to clear the car.

At the end of the day, all the original poster has to do is advertise his car for £4,500 and see if anyone buys it. If they don't bite at that price, how about you offer to pay for his advert in Autotrader for the next month?

Last edited by Dessauer; 15-01-08 at 18:08.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
147 , alfa

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page