Warranty options - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 09-01-08 Thread Starter

Warranty options

Afternoon all.

Quick question about warranties. My Alfacare one expired last month. Can i renew it on my GTV which will be 4 years old next month or should i look at Warranty Direct or similar?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Cornwall
Re: Warranty options

hey, Morning - I'm with warranty direct and so far their service and coverage has been pretty good! You've got to make sure the garage you use calls the part to be replaced exactly what's on the policy documents, but They've always paid out on my bits and pieces.

(Mine's had a gearbox, a Thermostat, Wheel bearings, etc etc..)

Worth a look!
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot

Car Car Plan have always done me proud on my cars. As an example, Alfa refused to replace the 'stat on my late 156 JTS during the 2nd & 3rd years by saying just under 70 degrees was within normal parameters (Guests in Knowle). Car was serviced at Jamie Porters and he noted that the car was running cold, diagnosed the 'stat (very common) and easily got authority to change it at no cost to me.

They have also paid for (in the past) a complete set of rear brakes on the wife's old Astra (Calliper was sticking and as they'd modified the part with no original calliper still available, [B]everything/B] got changed).

Brilliant IMHO and cheaper if like me, you're in the CSMA

Simon

Daily Driver FIAT Panda Cross Twinair Stunning Giulia 115 Spider Series 4 fine weather toy

Wife's Daily Brilliant Toyota GT86

AROC South Wales Section Secretary
jug
AO Silver Member

County: Durham

warranty direct! dont you watch watchdog? although to be fair is was mis-selling of their worthless warranties that was the issue, you cant blame them for offering a worthless warranty people should read what they are buying.
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire

First time I've ever heard anything good about aftermarket warranties.

You would be better putting whatever they cost into a savings account and using that (+interest) to go towards any bills.
AO Silver Member

County: Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jug View Post
warranty direct! dont you watch watchdog? although to be fair is was mis-selling of their worthless warranties that was the issue, you cant blame them for offering a worthless warranty people should read what they are buying.
blimey - never heard of that - what's the problem with them?

I've got a policy where I'm covered for wear and tear stuff too, and not had any problems.. In fact, so far i've had:

350 in total for an Air flow meter and Thermostat,

Plus the big one: a replacement gearbox from Alfa: 1600.

jug
AO Silver Member

County: Durham

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernowmcrae View Post
blimey - never heard of that - what's the problem with them?
people were buying warranties and then finding many (if not most) things were not covered when they tried to claim.

warranty direct said the terms and conditions are clearly stated and it is the customer's responsibility to read the fine print.

customers said they expect certain things to be covered without the need to read every line of the T&C's, and they should have been advised better at the time of purchase.

personally i think warranty direct are correct and they should be allowed to sell anything they want, its the buyers job to find out what they are buying.

i remember one of the main complaints at the time (2004) was the 300 excess 500 maximum claim clause. if your car needed any work at all you had to pay 300, even if it was a 10 repair. the most you could claim was 500 per job, so the most you could possibly save was 200 per job and in most cases it would be cheaper to go to a garage because most jobs cost less than 300.

i dont know if the 300 excess 500 maximum claim clause is still in use, i dont think it will be after all the bad press but you never know. read the T&C's.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
options , warranty

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page