Rear Windscreen Smash - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 06-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Rear Windscreen Smash

Well....Ive had a bad day. Thought to myself that my car needed a good clean so took it to the foreign Valet to get some attention while I went to do the weekly shop.
An hour later I come back to find one of the valeters hoovering through where my rear windscreen should be!!!
They had opened the boot quite sharply and my spoiler went straight through the glass
Unbelieveable. Well cos it is a Sunday, Autoglass weren't able to replace it today so I am having to wait til they come out to weatherproof it and until they do that Im having to check on it every couple of minutes!!!
Just thought id share my crappy day to pass the time.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

cul

Re: Rear Windscreen Smash

Sorry to hear the bad news

Its your car telling you to take the Subaru wing off
AO Silver Member

County: Clackmannanshire

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Bad luck - I take it the valet company are paying for it?
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.0ts

Crap news mate hope there insurance is going to pay for it
(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 06-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Haha 'telling me to take the subaru wing off' yeah I think maybe it is yes.
My insurance is covering it. They couldn't really speak english too well. They offered to fix my car themselves if I left it with them (i wasn't going to let that happen) so I said they needed to pay my glass excess on my insurance which they did and of course the wash was free. Inconvientence is a *****
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Although they are paying your excess and insurance is sorting will still be noted as a claim on your policy and possibly push up future premiums!
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Begs the question as to why the hell they needed to open your boot if they were just emplyed to clean the car.
AO Member

County: Kent

Claiming for glass breakage does not affect your NCB... so claim away! This I know...
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3rto View Post
Begs the question as to why the hell they needed to open your boot if they were just emplyed to clean the car.
If I get and in and out clean they valet the boot too. Just make sure I take the bodies out first.
AO Member

Poor you! i would have cried then hit em if i'd come back from shopping an saw that!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy2bsure View Post
Claiming for glass breakage does not affect your NCB... so claim away! This I know...
I never said that it affected your NCB. You will have it noted on your policy and have to declare it when switching companies - Chances are it will increase the initial premium.

People seem to think NCB is all that matters for insurance. NO! - You could have a protected NCB but have had 2 claims in last year, You will still get your say 60% discount, but this will be based on a much higher initial premium than it would have been if you had not made a claim!

Do you honestly think that an insurance company is going to pay hundreds of pounds to have your glass replaced but not attempt to recoup that loss!

Gone but not forgotten - 164 3.0 12v - 156 1.8 SP1 - 164 3.0 24v - 156 SW 1.8 SP3 - 166 Super - 166 3.2 Ti - Brera SV JTDM - 156GTA - 147GTA - 147GTA - 156GTA. Current Giulietta QV

Last edited by Dougie166; 08-01-08 at 19:00.
(Post Link) post #12 of 14 Old 10-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hey guys well I got my rear windscreen replaced but there is a funny story about that too.
The glass man came out to my work place to fit the new screen. I had some work to do so left him to it. About 30mins later I got a call from him asking if I had a broom!!!
He was about to glue up when a gust of wind threw the new screen of the flimsy x-frame they rest it on down to the floor.

He came back with another one a couple of hours later so all was good.
Except autoglass apparently make their employees pay for the glass if anything happens to it in their possession??? I thought that was ridiculous considering the crappy unsecure frame they provide the fitters with to prepare the glass!!
Oh well
Cheer Guys
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSound View Post
Except autoglass apparently make their employees pay for the glass if anything happens to it in their possession???
WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What sort of a [censored] employer is that?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked!

[censored] [censored] robbing [censored]

Apologies for the laregely non-sensical rant. I just hate companies treating employees like that.

[censored] unthinking [censored]!!!

If I ever have any glass break on my car, I'm not using Autoglass now.

(Post Link) post #14 of 14 Old 10-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah I was a bit miffed at that too. I work at a real small company and I get treated like part of the family, my bosses respect me and in turn a respect them.
In Big Companys it must be hard to become anything more than a number.
I will be boycotting autoglass too because they were pretty useless anyway.
My smash happened on a sunday at 2pm. The fella told me they would fix it by 5 at the local branch and I was to wait for a call telling me to drive there. Per chance I was on my way past and they weren't even open on a sunday!!! So I called them they said they'd get it replaced the next morning and in the mean time they'd send someone out to weatherproof my car. Turns out the weatherproofing man doesn't start til 10pm!!! I mean WTF?? Since when does weather only start at 10pm!!!
Called RAC AutoWindScreens when it first happend they were very helpful told me to phone my insurance company to see if they would let them do it but my insurance company prefer to use Autoglass which wasn't an issue at first because they said the were able to do it that day. Which id pushed for RAC but you know hindsights 20/20

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
rear , smash , windscreen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page