500 Miles in my 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Swansea
500 Miles in my 147

Just got back from visiting family over the new year. I drove 500 miles in the 147 and the journey from South to North Wales along the A470 in a 147 was great. Anyone who knows this road will understand how a 147 can make rapid progress and was able to overtake any slow moving traffic with ease.

I have to say the alfa didn't miss a beat and returned 35-36 mpg over the 500 miles it covered and more interestingly didn't use any oil in spite of some spirited driving. The car was very comfortable on a long distance cruise and the car feels a lot smoother now. Dont know if this is anything to do with a long drive but the engine does feel smoother and more responsive. Would be interested to know if a long journey does 'clean' the engine?

All in all the 147 coped with the journey better than any of the other cars i have owned and more importantly without any fuss or warning lights coming on!

Oh and before i forget, despite all those hours in the car i only saw 5 other Alfas. Yes 5 Alfas in 500 miles and god knows how many hours. Exclusive or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: 500 Miles in my 147

Lucky man!
AO Gold Member

County: South Africa
Garage

Member car:

Mito QV

:aaANYWORD:Great stuff
AO Member

County: Worcestershire

I know the A470 well, great road, like many in Wales. Still a place to enjoy driving

On long distance drives, I traveled over 1000 miles from Narbonne in the south of France to the welsh borders in a day last year. Left at seven in the morning and got back just before eleven at night, just in time to buy a pint of milk from Spar before it shut. The 156 Sprtwgn can do no wrong by me since then, I'll forgive her any of her foibles.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
147 , 500 , miles

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page