You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Lucia
AO Detailing COTY Winner 2018

Garage
Vehicle Name Lucia
Year 1979
Make Alfa Romeo
Model Alfetta 2.0L saloon
Color Red
1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon
History I bought this car in January 1990 from a trader in Norwich, and it has been taxed, insured, MOTd and driven ever since. A rolling restoration.

I just love driving the Alfetta. If I could buy a brand new Alfetta saloon, I would. But they stopped making them in 1986, so I'll just have to make do with an old one...
Exterior
1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Exterior 1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Exterior
The car has had lots of new panels (back in the early 1990's when they were available), lots of work underneath and new paint. It's rust-free and very much as it would have been when new.

Interior
1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Interior 1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Interior 1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Interior
Seats and door trims have been reupholstered, carefully copying the original styles and fabrics.

In-Car Entertainment
Blaupunkt FM radio/cassette player - possibly original, and certainly pre-1990.

Under the Hood
1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Under the Hood 1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Under the Hood 1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Under the Hood
The legendary 2.0 litre all-aluminium DOHC Alfa straight four. This engine built by me, carefully blue-printed with new pistons, liners, valves, valve sleeves, bearings, oil pump, water pump, etc. Gas-flowed and polished head (a lot of work!)

Suspension
Koni adjustable dampers, polyurethane bushes on suspension arms and anti roll bars. Tarox G88 brake discs and Tarox Strada 112 pads all round.

Wheel and Tire
1979 Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2.0L saloon Wheel and Tire
Falken ZIEX ZE-912 tyres on original 14 inch Cromodora 'Turbina' wheels.
Views: 157

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome