1.9 JTD GT Injector studs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-16 Thread Starter

County: -
1.9 JTD GT Injector studs

I need to remove the above to lift the cam carrier, however these have reacted badly with the alloy, can some one recommend a good extractor ( please one that you have used or seen being used ) as not all extractors will fit down the limited space I have already bought two and ruined one to the point it will not grip anymore the other will not go down far enough
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
The cam carrier should slide over these studs - it can take quite a bit of persuasion but I've never had to remove the injector studs to remove a cam carrier before.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 13-06-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
The cam carrier should slide over these studs - it can take quite a bit of persuasion but I've never had to remove the injector studs to remove a cam carrier before.
Sadly not in this case as the studs have seized onto the alloy, if this was not the case they would unscrew quite easily, I have tried heat but this softened the stud and it twisted, as a matter of interest how many bolts are there I have 18 and one horizontal, it has been soaking for a month in various solutions WD, ACF, Diesel, Plus gas, It looks like I may have to scrap the car as I cannot progress beyond this point
Dev

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
injector , jtd , studs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page