Brera 3.2 oil gauge +engine hum/noise - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 12-12-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

brera 3.2

Brera 3.2 oil gauge +engine hum/noise

1 year old brera 3.2. back to garage~10 x since purchase with niggly things mainly alarm faults. Now oil gauge not working and Arnold Clark in glasgow says it will take a week to fix(sensor in the sump, engine out etc). has anyone any experience re this?
Also when accelerating hard (or is it when accelerating and cornering hard) their is a sustained hum/whine from the fanbelt or power steering. Anyone else any advice. I am not particularly technical but enjoy the looks and feel of the brera when it is working. Arnold Clark are very poor but no-other alternatives in glasgow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Re: Brera 3.2 oil gauge +engine hum/noise

Welcome to AO

Moved to Brera Lounge
AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot22 View Post
1 year old brera 3.2. back to garage~10 x since purchase with niggly things mainly alarm faults. Now oil gauge not working and Arnold Clark in glasgow says it will take a week to fix(sensor in the sump, engine out etc). has anyone any experience re this?
Also when accelerating hard (or is it when accelerating and cornering hard) their is a sustained hum/whine from the fanbelt or power steering. Anyone else any advice. I am not particularly technical but enjoy the looks and feel of the brera when it is working. Arnold Clark are very poor but no-other alternatives in glasgow.
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your problems.

Try Western Alfa in Edinburgh. The guys are very knowledgable, they're only 40 minutes along the motorway and they'll give you a courtesy car.

In fact, I'd phone them before letting Arnold touch the car. The oil sensor in the sump of my old 156 had to be replaced - it took all of 10 minutes.
AO Silver Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Citroen DS3

Had the oil gauge failure thing with my 2.2 JTS. Can't remember it being an 'engine out' problem but it was to do with the sensor in the sump. The car was in and out in a day to be fixed but prior to that the part was on back order for about seven weeks.
AO Member

County: Essex

Welcome to the mad-house.
I've had my Brera for approx 10mths now, & not had this problem.
When my one was in for the rocking seat cure, the dealer said that dealer policy was that they could not order any parts in until they had the car in the garage!! If your dealer has the same set-up, that may go some way to explain why they need the car for so long to do a relatively simple job.
Just a thought.
Hope you get it sorted,
Matt.
AO Platinum Member

My brother fitted mine to my 156. Got the part from an Alfa dealer who had been nowhere near my car; just phoned him up, told him what was needed and job done.
AO Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about your problems Scott, but welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice from here - I certainly have
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 17-12-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

brera 3.2

Thanks for the replies. I have phoned Western Edinburgh ( I have dealt in the past with the Glasgow Western Saab dealership and were happy with their service) and they say it should take 2 hours, ( but need to get car in to diagnose problem and then order the part etc) so I will consider this approach. At some stage in the future Western may open a Glasgow dealership which would be an improvement for the West of Scotland
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot22 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I have phoned Western Edinburgh ( I have dealt in the past with the Glasgow Western Saab dealership and were happy with their service) and they say it should take 2 hours, ( but need to get car in to diagnose problem and then order the part etc) so I will consider this approach. At some stage in the future Western may open a Glasgow dealership which would be an improvement for the West of Scotland
They plan to open a dealership in Glasgow summer 2008.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
brera , engine , gauge , hum or noise , oil

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page