Cam belt Change - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cam belt Change

Well thanks to this forum I have my 147 2.0 lusso booked in tomorrow at my local alfa dealer. Well I say local its 50 miles away from me now, as the previous local dealer has just closed down after 30 years!!.
The car has done 36 k miles and 3 years old, and yes im having the belts, tensioners etc replaced. i also bought a new water pump and variator from jamie, and will have them changed at the same time for apparently no extra charge.
I cant help thinking I showed all my cards to the dealer though when I said that ARUK were contributing £220 to the cause. The reason for this; i was quoted £730 for the job including an oil and pollen filter change, which minus the contribution was gona cost me £510.
Ok they said they would fit the variator and water pump for free but, cant help thinking I should have asked for the quote first and then mentioned ARUK contribution. What do you guys think?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mudhut

Re: Cam belt Change

Not sure of the exact prices, but as a general rule, I think your feeling is right: keep your cards close.

No matter though. You'll feel safe again. What else are they doing at that price - full service too?

(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 10-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Re: Cam belt Change

No thats it im afraid . the only service they are doing is an oil and filter change plus the pollen filter.
Just dropped it off and they gave me a brand new 147 1.6 sport as a courtesy car. have to say I definately made the right decision in going for the 2.0 litre version!!. When I drive an AR I want to hear a roar or at least a bit of a growl coming from the exhaust!!. I dont want to be sounding like a Mondeo!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
belt , cam , change

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page