ITBs for 24v 3.0 V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By lphuk
  • 1 Post By Fulvisti

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 16-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
ITBs for 24v 3.0 V6

Hi all

Be gentle with me as this is my first post in technical, having only just joined.

I about to completely rebuild a 170k V6 from a 1999 166 Super and put it into a Lister Bell Stratos that I'm building. Part of the plan is ITBs and an aftermarket ECU. Having had experience of Emeralds before (on Rover k-series) I'll probably go with this.

On the ITB front I don’t really want to use Jenveys, I'd much rather try and put ITBs form a production application as I think they will be more reliable in the long run.

I have been offered a possibly solution using 42mm ITBs form Triumph triple motorbikes. I know these have been used before and they would be cable operated. The other option I'm considering are ITBs from the E46 BMW M3. They are DBW and look as though they could be made to fit but I've not actually got my hands on any to measure them up yet.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting these (or other) ITBs on the 3.0 24v V6?

Any advice or experiences gratefully received.

Thanks

Leigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 Gta

hello... my advice would be to talk to dave at emerald for his opinions as he has huge history with ITBs. I know he has issues with bike Itbs on cars but not sure on all the reasons..

otherwise speak to Aide at AhMotorsports... AH Motorsports and have a chat..
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 21-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I've had my Lotus on emeralds RR 2 or 3 times and Dave seems a knowledgeable (and friendly) bloke. I'll pick his brains.

I have seen a couple of V6 Alfas running on bike ITBs and they have been fine but I guess it depends on which ones you fit. I know size is critical.

I'll see how I get on and update here when I've got a plan of action.
maxiboy wales likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 Gta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lphuk View Post
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I've had my Lotus on emeralds RR 2 or 3 times and Dave seems a knowledgeable (and friendly) bloke. I'll pick his brains.

I have seen a couple of V6 Alfas running on bike ITBs and they have been fine but I guess it depends on which ones you fit. I know size is critical.

I'll see how I get on and update here when I've got a plan of action.
I spent a lot of time talking to Dave about using Emerald on my new engine. Will get it sorted this summer.
AO Member

County: Canterbury
I'm looking fwd to hearing where you go with this, I've been thinking of doing the same thing with my Lister Bell eventually (Fingers from the Stratos forum). Please keep us updated.
maxiboy wales likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
24v , itbs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page