Need help ive got cam issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
Need help ive got cam issues

Hi All i need some help.

I've been taking my cams off the engines i've acquired i looked at 1 set to measure it and it has hardly any markings but on one cam i have 27665 and after looking at my other sets i guessed the part number was 60627665 which pointed me to a Lancia thesis 3.0

where i need help is , when you look at a re-profile chart it gives max lift eg inlet 10.3 etc

am i measuring correctly , i am measuring from the shaft to the top of lobe .. Ref Pic where it says lift on left image. Now before i put the figure i get can someone put in the size it would be if i were using stock v6 cams for the inlet ( i will add a chart )

i will report back when i have a reply. many thanks and i hope you understand my ramblings as ive been scratching head for a while.
Attached Images
File Type: gif lift.gif (3.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Alfa Cams.jpg (34.2 KB, 9 views)

All spares parts for 156 and 147 being sold that i will not be using (cheap) nothing too small ask what you want , willing to post world wide Phone 07922123242 Ask for Neil and say Mark said to phone .

Download link for Alfa 156's http://www.filedropper.com/alfaelearn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 29-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
No matter got my head sorted .. if brains were dominoes i would be a double blank

the answer is 9.3mm

i was wondering what was going on as i was measuring the amount direct from the shaft to the top of lobe. instead of measuring the height of and the base and detracting from each other

and just to add after taking the dimensions the whole cam set is like new zero wear , seems odd but i dont mind

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
cam , issues

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page