V6 Engine in Lancia Delta! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 21-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

MG ZS 180

V6 Engine in Lancia Delta!

What do we think guys - 2.5 V6 24v engine in a Lancia Delta HF Turbo???

Go or no go?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

EddieGTA

Re: V6 Engine in Lancia Delta!

Would it fit I had an integrale and with the 2.0 4 cylinder turbo it was tight beyond belief.

AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

The Integrale engine is already a very tight fit - isnt it tilted to fit?

I would image the V6 could be made to fit.............but why go to all the effort when you already have a very tunable engine in there?
mudhut

He has an HF turbo engine. This is a 1600 if I remember correctly and of course FWD only. Not sure how much you can push this engine out to and keep it reliable.

OTOH the V6, if it will go in OK, will give plenty of oomph and he appears to already have one in his other car so at least knows something about it.

Body will be just as fragile though...

AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

My reply wasnt too clear I didnt mean he already had an Integrale engine but that the Integrale engine is already a very tight fit in the same engine bay.

And I would imagine the extra weight of the V6 might detract some of the benefits of the extra power..........but then again the sound alone might be worth it
mudhut

Ah yes, quite so.

I don't know how much heavier the V6 would turn out to be, especially as it is all alloy. Definitely more weight though, I'd agree.

Still be worried about the fragility of the body around the A-pillars where they are known to crack, especially with the stiffenend suspension that I'd imagine the extra weight up front would require. Than of course there's the rust round trhe screen and scuttle as well as the rear edge of the roof.

AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

159 Ti

strange.

I know a fella who got an ex group-N grale (280bhp) and often talks of dropping it into an alfa, loosing the 4x4 setup but dropping it in with an LSD FWD box (yes, very rare and would have cost the earth) in place of a 2.0 twin spark such as alfa 75, but I've never heard it the other way round.
Surely an engine like above would be much better than a V6?
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

the Lancia engine has many more perdormance parts available for it as well at reasonable(ish) cost, the V6 by comparison has few at high cost.I too have only seen people drop the 'grale engine in Alfa's not the other way round apart from Lancia of course Thema and Kappa got Alfa V6 power on their exec barge version, never the hot models.

HTH
(Post Link) post #9 of 11 Old 22-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

MG ZS 180

Yes you are right, both the 1600 and 2000cc units are a very tight fit in the engine bay and are angled as well. I haven't had my Alfa 2.5 V6 for long, but everyone is right, they do sound awesome and the torque is impressive. I just think it looks a little too deep to fit in the Delta's engine bay though - and yes possibly a bit heavy! At present the Delta can outaccelerate the V6, which bearing in mind it's an HF Turbo, isn't too bad, but with a V6 engine would be a bit of an animal! Then again, power output on the Alfa V6 and the Integrale (in standard form) is pretty similar, not too sure about the torque though. Surely the Alfa 75's engine bay can't be that much larger than a Lancia Delta's - or is the V6 in there a squeeze as well?!

Alfa Romeo 156 3.0 V6 24v Lusso (2000)

Lancia Delta HF Turbo IE (1991) - Rust In Peace !
AO Member

My suggestion would be if you have a Lancia HF turbo would be to use the conrods and pistons from a 2.0. From my days of owning 2 x HF turbo's the bore is the same for the 1.6 as for the 2.0.. The stroke is different, but the big end shells I think were the same size....

if you are willing to go all the way why not try and mate a 16V head from and Integrale, that would really make it fly...

Good luck with what ever you try...
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

159 Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons View Post
strange.

I know a fella who got an ex group-N grale (280bhp) and often talks of dropping it into an alfa, loosing the 4x4 setup but dropping it in with an LSD FWD box (yes, very rare and would have cost the earth) in place of a 2.0 twin spark such as alfa 75, but I've never heard it the other way round.
Surely an engine like above would be much better than a V6?
Don't know if this would be any good as a donor for you? Like I say it is Group N ex rally car with front LSD box, ultra rare.
PM me if its of interest.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
delta , engine , lancia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page