Early CAM belt Changes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Idea Early CAM belt Changes

As a result of Alfa changing the CAM belt service interval - in the TS case from 75K Miles to 36K Miles - has anyone ever heard of someone successfully getting Alfa UK to stump of some of the cost for this increased maintenance.

Sale of goods act surely?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Darren156

Re: Early CAM belt Changes

I think quite a few people have actually mate, I'm not one of them however

I'm sure I've seen a few posts though where Dealers at least go halves.

jis

A few days ago I overheard a phone call with a customer in the service department of an Alfa franchised dealer, advising on a service cost. The service guy pointed out that the belts should be done under the new replacement intervals and that, at the moment, Alfa were making a contribution towards the cost. I think it was 250 but can't be absolutely sure but it was something in that region.
PT14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce166 View Post
As a result of Alfa changing the CAM belt service interval - in the TS case from 75K Miles to 36K Miles - has anyone ever heard of someone successfully getting Alfa UK to stump of some of the cost for this increased maintenance.

Sale of goods act surely?
Looxury. I'm in Australia and was talking to an ATECO mechanic this morning and he told me that the belt was suggested to be changed at 60k (km) or around 37.5k (miles) or three years and the people who did it were allowed to charge for the standard labour charges. It stinks.

BTW the main reason I was speaking to ATECO technical people this morning is about an exploding diff. thread that I have read on this forum and scared the pants off me. I emailed them and at last they responded. (To this at least).

They told me that the Alfa GT V6 had a completely different diff. to GTAs and if I changed to a Q2 diff it could give me heaps of problems in setting up and getting to work right in my GT. Also apparently my warranty would be void.

The guy said that the problems he had seen were mainly in 147 GTAs who have been thrashed something fierce and usually owned by a number of different people.

To me the 147 GTAs ARE overpowered with such a V6 in a small, front-wheel driven car and knowing how some people thrash their cars in this part of the world it's no wonder that something gives.

I looked at a second-hand GT before buying mine virtually new from a dealer and I'm so glad I didn't touch it. I believe Alan Jones, (ex F1 champion), had the car for a while and I'm SURE he treated it with kid gloves. <cough>

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
belt , cam , early

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page