Complete engine rebuild on gtv and not happy - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 03-10-07 Thread Starter

Not Happy Complete engine rebuild on gtv and not happy

Hi all

I'd thought i'll share my pain and complete disappointment which my gtv

I've waited 3-1/2 months for my car to come back and after PAYING 9000 AUD (estimated) 4000 pounds for a complete engine rebuild after the engine spun a bearing and bent the conrod/Crack ....... drives beatuiful for 3 weeks then...... radiator cracked......got it fixed, now car switches off randomly
when its on idle...... still awaiting after a month for it to get fixed

Alot of ppl warned about Alfa's were high maintenance but this is just bloody depressing and really heavy on the financial side aswell.

I was considering supercharging my gtv 1998 v6 before but now i cant wait to sell the coursed thing....... im sad to say i have no love left for my car..... and as soon as its back on the road
IM SELLING IT

First and last alfa ill be getting thats for sure,
Only alfa worth getting is a new spider v6 all wheel drive, and i cant afford it so thats that , "*#*#" ALFA!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

andyroo75

Re: Complete engine rebuild on gtv and not happy

When you have it back running drive it for a couple of weeks first befor deciding to sell.
I've been there so may times before myself- had so many things go wrong on mine it drove me mental.
But..... its been a long time coming but i have sorted all the problems out and it is a peach to drive. Always brings a smile to your face.
I have had mine in the trader before to sell then decided to keep her.
Glad I did.
Had some pretty bad issues with mine - such as the bonnet blowing off at about 90mph (4 grand repair bill). Plus your standard issues such as rear bushes oil cooler/hoses etc...

When you have it back run it a while see how ou feel. Bet you'll love it again soon.

Like you I could have spent the cash on an Autodelta supercharged 3.7 Litre unit. Have to wait i guess.
405BHP cant resist............

AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

156 GTA

Re: Complete engine rebuild on gtv and not happy

Normally the V6's are pretty bullet proof.
For the large number of them on here, you hear about very few V6 engine problems.

Hopefully your current problem is something trivial life a duff Mass air-flow meter or something.

Cheers,
TB

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
complete , engine , gtv , happy , rebuild

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page