Engine rattle when warm... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-09-07 Thread Starter

Engine rattle when warm...

156 2.4 JTD - Recently I have noticed an annoying rattle when my engine's warmed up - on idle when cold the car seems fine however when I've done a few miles an it's idling it sounds quite rattley. I took it to a garage and they suggested bringing it in when it's warmed up.

fyi - I experienced it last night and when it was idling (warm) I revved the engine and the rattle stayed the same and did not increase with the volume of the engine.

Any suggestions at all - hopefully it'll be the exhaust bracket issue however I've not managed to get under the car yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Engine rattle when warm...

mate, try asking your mechanic to check the front heat shield... the rattle on my 147 becomes worse when on an incline... my mechanic told me that the heat shield was wearing old and getting soft - causing the rattle.

I have the same rattle on my engine, only when it's warm. The rattle goes if i rev and hold the engine at around 2k RPM then it comes back if it goes higher and then goes again as revs rise.

The rattle doesn't change pitch with engine speed though. The exhaust manifold doesn't have a heat sheild on it, and there is no under tray ether.

Any ideas? What is this exhaust bracket issue?

Thanks in advance folks,

Rob

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
engine , rattle , warm

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page