Variator, Cambelt, Cylinder head and all other problems with my Alfa - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 30-08-07 Thread Starter

Help Variator, Cambelt, Cylinder head and all other problems with my Alfa

Well, few weeks ago i bought a 2001 alfa romeo 156 1.6 t.Spark and since that day I only seem to have problems with that car. It all started with diesel noise that we were told was the variator and cambelt fault. Hence we left the car in the Fiat garage (no alfa garage in the area). We ordered parts (300euro) and priced the labour (370euro). There they found another problem with cylinder head which they priced for 700euro for the labour and around 750euro for the part. We told them not to fix and asked them to fix the variartor and the belt. thay said they couldnt do that as the broken cylinder head would damage the new variator and cambelt. At the and we paid 670 euro for taking engine apart and information that other things cannot be fixed unless we replace the cylinder head. The new parts we bought are now in our boot. And we have no clue what to do with them. So im kindly asking for some advice. Well, first of all I would like 2 know if we can get the cylinder head for less that 750 euro and how much it should cost to fix it (in Ireland). Secondly, is that worth fixing? And what is the chance it's going to be ok after it's fixed? I honestly dont know anything about the cars and im begging for some help. Now, if there is anybody from Donegal... where do you fix your alfa cars?!!!Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Re: Variator, Cambelt, Cylinder head and all other problems with my Alfa

Do you not have any come-back on the person who sold you the car? If it was a dealer, surely he is liable after such a short period of time?

Did the garage say what was wrong with your cylinder head? If not, find out, it might be relatively cheap to fix.

Could this ebay seller help? linky I've no experience of him or his work or if he will even ship to Ireland, but might be worth a try.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 30-08-07 Thread Starter

well we bought the car on the auction. it was a pretty cheap buy. and they didnt offer any guarantee with the car.
with regards to cylinder head, i think we need to replace the whole cylinder head. somebody was trying to fix it before and they damaged it. anyway im going to try that person on ebay. thanx for help
AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire

If they can't help, have a look at others that are breaking 156's and send them an email. Most of the time, the car's being broken due to engine problems: most will be cambelt failure, so the heads are damaged.

If they don't ship to Ireland, there is a slim possibility someone on this forum with have a solution ...
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 30-08-07 Thread Starter

Ok. I'm gonna send them an email. thanx again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
alfa , cambelt , cylinder , head , problems , variator

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page