BMC CDA 70mm? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 16-06-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
BMC CDA 70mm?

Hi all,
I've tried searching,
I've just won a 70mm bmc cda on eBay for very cheap, I understand there is also an 80mm version available,
Has anyone got any experience with the 70mm version, is it any good, and is there any downsides to using it instead of the 80? I don't see why there would be, the maf is 70mm, and turbo inlet is 60mm on my hybrid,

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Spacecadet

If the pipes don't present a reduced diameter, it doesn't matter. In an ideal world the whole intake would be exactly the same diameter from the filter mouth to the plenum

(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 17-06-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
If the pipes don't present a reduced diameter, it doesn't matter. In an ideal world the whole intake would be exactly the same diameter from the filter mouth to the plenum
Cheers, put my mind to rest lol,
Should be all good then I'd have liked a 80mm still
Spacecadet

It won't do much harm. If the big pipe at the filter smoothly reduces towards the throttle housing all you are doing is gradually speeding airflow up as you reduce diameter. The problems come when the pipe work is lumpy with wide/narrow/wide/narrow bits or tight turns. You get best airflow rates when air is treated with respect and flows in a straight line with little restriction.

(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 17-06-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
It won't do much harm. If the big pipe at the filter smoothly reduces towards the throttle housing all you are doing is gradually speeding airflow up as you reduce diameter. The problems come when the pipe work is lumpy with wide/narrow/wide/narrow bits or tight turns. You get best airflow rates when air is treated with respect and flows in a straight line with little restriction.
Aye, that's how my intake is currently setup out of silicone . reckon the BMC will be a better choice than the ram air cone I have now ?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
70mm , bmc , cda

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page