alfa 147 cambelt - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 14-08-07 Thread Starter

Help alfa 147 cambelt

hi, help please, i have a strange rattling noise on startup sounds like a diesel, i have taken it to the alfa garage in portsmouth and have been quoted £500 to change the cambelt, variator and other bits, the car is on 54000 and never had the cambelt changed,as far as i am aware, but is this a steep price?? Also i have been told that i have a exhaust bracket missing on the manifold and will cost 400 pound to fix?? any body had this problem before? Also supposedly my front anti-roll bar has play in it and will cost 200 pound to fix, again anybody had this problem?? I feel like im am being ripped off but im new to alfa and not sure on the pricing. Any help would be greatful, Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Re: alfa 147 cambelt

You car is well overdue a cambelt, so get that (and the variator) done NOW.

The exhaust bracket. £400 is well over the top for that job. As a job on its own, £100 may be ok, but never £400.

Changing the front rollbar is a big job, far bigger than the exhaust bracket, so strange you have been quoted half as much!
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 14-08-07 Thread Starter

cheers mate, i told the garage not to touch the exhaust and roll bar as it would have cost a lot of money, but i thought 400 was far to much! just have to wait and see when i pick the car up if any of the original problems are fixed
AO Platinum Member

Make sure they change the tensioners too and fit a new aux belt.
If you have a 2.0TS you want a balance belt and tensioner too.

Hopefully they are included in that £500 quote!

hi HOW much!!??? the exhaust brackets are £8-£10 depending where you get them from and bolt on !! They always break, so much so that alfa have recently beefed them up!
take a reasonly competent diyer about 20 mins to swap!
hope this helps.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 2.0TS

I had a loud rattling noise on my 147 and I found a small metal part holding the exhaust just under the engine cracked. I tried to fix it but it cracked again two times. Here alfa dealer only sells this part with the complete mainfold?!?! If someone can give me the link where I can buy this part separately I would be wery gratefull!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
147 , alfa , cambelt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page