Quick advice needed - engine hose - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 13-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: New South Wales

Member car:

1998 GTV V6

Help Quick advice needed - engine hose

Basically - where is the best place for me to get hold of the hose indicated below? For my 205 I tend to use GSF, is there a reasonably priced alfa alternative?

Was driving back from the airport last night, 'enjoying' the noise of the v6 through a tunnel and noticed liquid shooting out through the drivers shutline of the bonnet behind the headlamp so pulled over quite scared. The (rather crappy and ancient) hose above had split, spunking coolant all over the place. Glad it was nothing more dramatic! Any thoughts would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 7 Old 14-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

1998 GTV V6

Re: Quick advice needed - engine hose

Bump

If anyone knows anywhere near central london/putney/wandsworth that might stock the hose that would be even better
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

its probably a dealer only parts unless you get lucky from a local factor. Somewhere like EB spares or Alfashop will have it, but depends how ungent it is needed.

HTH
AO Silver Member

County: Cumbria

How about a breaker? There are usually several on Ebay at any one time. Also, I think Samco in St. Albans do silicone hose sets. Fiendishly expensive but they look cool!
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 15-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

1998 GTV V6

Thanks chaps much appreciated. I'll have a look at breakers etc locally as I need this fairly soon

Cheers

Completely off topic, I've just had the car back on the road (before it broke again) after a few weeks laid up, and familiarity had truly bred contempt - I remembered it being rather boomy, bumpy with really heavy controls, but my first drive was an absolute revelation. It's such an awesome car to drive, the handling with the sport button is far better than it has any right to be and as for the engine on the way back from Stanstead the other night went through a few tunnels just outside the city, and it really does sound spind tingling above 5.5k rpm. Tried to record the noise on my phone but it wouldn't come out. Thanks to everyone on the forum for answering the odd question I may have as it makes the difference between being able to afford to run a car like this and driving something 'reliable'. Love it
AO Gold Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

I've got a hole in that one as well. The AA man chopped it in half and put some sort of gasket thing and a load of jubilee clips on it on the Autobahn when the previous guy owned it and it's still on there.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 15-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

1998 GTV V6

Ah. Wish mine was more resourceful, he just took one look at it and got the flatbed

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
advice , engine , hose , needed , quick

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page