Need 156 engine - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 10-08-07 Thread Starter

Need 156 engine

I need an engine for a 156 2.0TS 2002, as I guess a recon of mine is not economically viable.

Can anyone recommend a supplier and fitter (rather get both done in same place to avoid warranty probs) in East Lancashire or nearby?

I read that 155 engines can be had for less ££'s, will a 155 engine go in a 156?

Cheers,

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Re: Need 156 engine

All the 16valve twinsparks are essentially the same sump / short engine / head assembly, whether installed in 145/6, 155, 156, 166, but there are variations in the "bolt-on" bits - manifolds, thermostats, the casting that carries the ancilliaries (alternator/PAS pump/air con compressor) - so it isn't necessarily a straight swap. Some of the electrical connections differ also. Eper (the parts manual) does however list different engine numbers pre- and post- 2001, so it might depend when your car was made...

So whilst swapping a 155 engine into a 156 is possible, and has certainly been done, (and I'd be happy to sell you one ) its not necessarily a straight swap job.

I'm happy to advise (off-forum) of who I would trust and who I wouldn't in the Lancashire area, or give any other advice I can. There probably aren't that many suppliers who will also do the fitting, however...

Richard
07976 384980

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

If you strip it down to just the block and head and refit the original ancillaries though then it should be fine. Eg fitting a 145 engine to a 156, take off all the manifolds and ancillary brackets from the 145 engine, fit the 156 ones and in it goes.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 12-08-07 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
If you strip it down to just the block and head and refit the original ancillaries though then it should be fine. Eg fitting a 145 engine to a 156, take off all the manifolds and ancillary brackets from the 145 engine, fit the 156 ones and in it goes.
Cheers people.

A gtv engine has come to my attention nice and cheap, i'll look more closely at it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
156 , engine

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page