Engine, Imobiliser & selespeed fault! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-07-07 Thread Starter

Engine, Imobiliser & selespeed fault!

Hi there

I am having numerous problems with my ***** 147 selespeed 2.0, 2001.
I will get to do about 25 miles and then the car flashes up a selection of messages and cuts out. After leaving it for about half an hour it will normally start and then go for a few more miles, if it feels like it!

Messages range from Engine managment failure, Imobiliser failure & selespeed failure.
The seat belt light is permanently on but the ***** guy said its to do with the sensor in the door.

Had the ECU replaced & the gear box rebuilt plus a full ***** service last year.

Would really like to avoid shelling out loads of money to *****, again and have been looking at lambard replacement.
Is this an easy thing to do or is there anything else other than battery replacement that I can try to try and fix the numerous fault messages!?!

Have trawled trought the forum but cannot find anything that would cover all these fault messages

Help!

Thanks in advance Fay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jug
AO Silver Member

County: Durham
Re: Engine, Imobiliser & selespeed fault!

cutting out when warm is often due to the crankshaft position sensor, and it would not show up on a diagnostic because the ecu will only store a fault code if the sensor's signal is missing or out of range, leaving a huge margin for faults to go unnoticed. when it cuts out the power cut will often give false immob and ecu failure messages. best thing to do is a live diagnostic where you check the CPS signal to see if it seems reasonable.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
engine , fault , imobiliser , selespeed

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page