engine and chasis upgrades for a 155 silverstone! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 13-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

engine and chasis upgrades for a 155 silverstone!

how do guys

im wanting to get my silverstone as a bit of a track special, looking stock inside and out yet improving the engine and suspension

if it was bits for my bravo i would have no problems of where to look and what to get to make the most out of her (if it was worth it for 1200 )

so what can i do to the engine, i was thinking along the lines of cams, mapable ecu, manifold and system? is there much out there for the 1800 8v twin spark?

and whats deemed the best suspension set pu? i absolutley love the way it turns in and holds, but i want to stiffen her up and lower her a bit (not too much) thinking arb upgrade, coilovers, strut brace... any other suggestions?

so now its over to you, whats the best for making the 155 shine, sound good (to evil) and handle better?

oh and while im at it, the brembo 4 pots off the coupe 20vt fit under the speedlines if im right...? correct

cheers guys n gals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
Re: engine and chasis upgrades for a 155 silverstone!

real tuning bits for the 8v 155 engines are not so easy to come by, but have a look here for starters. They don't give it awway though!!!

http://www.madeno.nl
(Post Link) post #3 of 14 Old 13-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cuore, i dont understand a word of it but your a gentleman!!!

a bit pricey maybe, but then again i wasnt expecting it to be cheap at all to be honest, and with the current exchange rate it actually isnt too bad imo for the kit im after, quite supprised to be honest

now i need to brush up on my german i think ...
AO Member

Coupe brembos do not fit under speedlines..... I'm on my fourth set of wheels that were supposed to fit and don't, unless you like coupe four-spokes it's a real problem finding wheels that clear the calipers and fit within the standard 155 arches.....

I don't really know much about the 8v or tuning one - would maybe have a chat to AH Motorsport and Autodelta and the like - not gonna be cheap but they're the boys to tell you.......
(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 13-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

ah... not good, cheers for the info though djstanley, looks like it will have to be aftermarket for me then... whats the issues with clearance? spokes, hub?
AO Member

mounting depth - you need about 45mm between the mounting face of the alloy and the rear of the spokes, if you want to keep the offset at least near standard it would seem most aftermarket wheels only have at best about 30mm of mounting depth.... then you get into big spacer and the problems they entail..... Other 155'ers have had more success fitting 166 calipers as they're not as deep - check the 155 lounge for some pics from AlfaJack.....

DJ
(Post Link) post #7 of 14 Old 13-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

where and whats the 155 lounge sorry, bit of a noob to alfas

cheers for the help DJ
AO Member

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-155/ .......is the 155 lounge but I'm lying anyway, the pics are actually in the images lounge..... here:

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-...o-a-155-a.html
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_sx View Post

now i need to brush up on my german i think ...
Wouldn't do much good as the site is entirely in dutch

Most if not all the parts from madeno can be found cheaper elsewhere, since madeno doesn't manufacture, just rebrand. But they do have a nice collection.

The only part that I'm still looking for is 155/164 2.0 8v camshafts with higher lift and longer duration, and which make use of the variator.

The 2.0 8v engine shouldn't be rune above 7k rpm without forged steel internals (reaching critical avg piston speeds then), the 1.8 could go higher.
(Post Link) post #10 of 14 Old 18-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore_Sportivo_155 View Post
Wouldn't do much good as the site is entirely in dutch

Most if not all the parts from madeno can be found cheaper elsewhere, since madeno doesn't manufacture, just rebrand. But they do have a nice collection.

The only part that I'm still looking for is 155/164 2.0 8v camshafts with higher lift and longer duration, and which make use of the variator.

The 2.0 8v engine shouldn't be rune above 7k rpm without forged steel internals (reaching critical avg piston speeds then), the 1.8 could go higher.

i noticed that after saying german... kinda feel a tad silly now

thanks for the info, time to get searching i guess, first things first is a new exhaust system, then one step at a time, handeling and stopping, then performance oh and loosing a few kgs aswell
348azeus

Hi, When I had my 155 I put koni sports on all around and it was excellent around the track. I had put lowered variable rate coils on as well but didn't like the ride on motorways where it seemed to have an area of wallow between the soft and hard spring rates.

On my fiat coupe - which shares the suspension I fitted whiteline anti-roll bars - there was an incredible difference with the rear - changing the front just seemed to affect the ride. That was on Bilsteins which were ok but you could adjust them so were not great on track.

You need 16in wheels to get Brembo calipers to clear.

AO Member

engine and chassis upgrades for a 155 lets see... its called a 156!! ha ha

Last edited by fastboyslim; 23-07-07 at 22:04.
wrinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 348azeus View Post

You need 16in wheels to get Brembo calipers to clear.
Depends which Brembos, the 166 V6 calipers need 17" wheels, but some don't work without spacers...ask me how I know

wrinx

AO Platinum Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

i have a set of 166 calipers too, still in the box as i cant fit em till i get a set of 17s to fi the v6!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
155 , chasis , engine , silverstone , upgrades

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page